Truly Scrumptious

ozzy

Hi Ozzy, I like your new sign and I've been intrigued to see whether you would be changing the types of cakes you sell at all as a result. My son and I both miss the portuguese natas that the ED deli used to sell and would definitely buy them from you as I don't think anywhere else on the lane does them.

Since the new owners have taken over ,we are now stocking many new types of cake and are open to more suggestions . I do know the owner reads this now and I'm sure he will look into new ideas , Thanks all for your comments :)

Not specifically ozzy no but I guess anything slightly more adventurous than polenta cake or flourless brownie would be great and maybe baps or something similar for use with your sandwich counter would be good or gf pizza slices/sausage rolls. To go c.f. Foods is pretty non existent around here!

Hi ozzy - has the new owner bought the whole chain, or just Hirsts/TS?

I'd love to see you sticking with the British classics. Think chelsea buns, eccles cakes, welsh cakes, bakewell tarts, treacle tarts, shortbread. The kind of stuff we all grew up with, done well. Maybe instead of trying to increase the range, you should be streamlining it and concentrating on the good stuff. TBH a couple of things in the window put me off, like the ice cream cone things (don't mean to sound negative, just my opinion).

Wow , thanks for all the suggestions :) Yes we do still sell bread and as far as baps for use as sandwiches we do that too. Old style cakes ,we do already sell Eccles, Chelsea buns , London cheesecakes , bread pudding and so on ,oh yea and eggs custards lol . Kids love the " ice cream cones " some adults too for that matter lol.

As well as bread ,rolls, French sticks and baps , we also sell hot pies and pastries ,with a good range for vegetarians , we sell freshly made salads , jacket potatoes, tea ,coffee (filtered coffee too), hot chocolate , smoothies, a selection of cold drinks . Fresh cream cakes ,including chocolate eclairs, cream slices, apple cream turnovers, cream doughnuts (sweet cream too) . Pop in and have a look ,i'll be there most afternoons ,anything we may be lacking you could tell me then and I will leave a note for the owner . Once again thank you for all the suggestions .

• 3 weeks later...

New speciality bread in store now !

Multi Grain /Multi Seed :A combination of sourdough amd mature dough with the addition of rye flour, rolled oats and an organic multi-seed blend.

White & Rye : Organic dark rye sourdough mixed with organic untreated white flour , organic seeds and organic fresh yeast combine to create delicious white seeded bread.

Friesian Dark Rye : This is a traditional recipe from an area of Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands known as Friesia . It is made over 3 days using organic dark rye sourdough as a starter and then adding layers of taste with more rye, organic wholemeal, additional chopped rye seeds and organic multi-seed mix. Finally a little natural unrefined molasses is added to counter the sourdough and brings the taste to a perfect balance . Will keep for upto a week .

Roggenbrot : A strong rye sourdough in the German tradition which has a clear sour flavour of this style of bread. It also benefits from the natural goodness of easily digested rye beloved by seasoned Europeans and is packed with the natural nutrients of overnight soaked wholegrain rye flour .

As well as our much loved multi-seeded G.I. loaf, Honey & Spelt bread , Granary, Wholemeal & our various types of white bread .

We take orders for any of our bread . So please pop in and see what we have to offer you .

Archived