Disgusting habits

What are your worst confessions?

I must confess to occasionally wiping a passing snotty nose on the inside of my pj top...

Also frequently retrieving food from the dining room floor, picking off the cat hair and giving it back to the original owner...

Oh Fuschia, you did start this thread - I've just posted on that other thread.

I was at the horniman playground when my little one dropped some pumpkin seeds from the packet he was eating. He crouched down and started picking them up and eating them from the floor. Well-meaning lady next to me pointed it out - then told me about the 3 second rule. I smiled, nodded and lifted my little one away. 3 seconds? My rule is "if you dropped it and still want it - go ahead!"

Annoyingly, just like my mother and even though I promised myself I would never do this, I lick my finger and then clean my toddlers face. Oh how I pity him as he gets older and I don't stop. I'm worried i'm going to grow hair out of my moles next!!!!!

Edited - Nappy Lady - I have just read the other thread and see that you've already confessed to this annoying habit and also likening it to your mother - god help us all :)

I'm with you all on the eating dropped food- we work on more of a 3 minute rule.... not like a few germs (or rabbit droppings) ever hurt anyone, just builds the immune system..

also known to wipe a nose with my fingers then maybe wipe it on my pjs or something..

and spit for cleaning- you can't beat it...

ok, so I'm hoping not to make it a habit but the other day I found baby poo dried on my forearm and encrusted onto my braclet, it must have been there a few hours while I was out and about, not sure why but it still makes me giggle!

ps, fuschia...a new line in baby foods, you'll make a fortune!

pmsl Fuschia, that reminds me of by eldest when just out of nappies...she developed a poo phobia and would hold it in until she just 'had to go' then try to run away from it...we were in France on holiday at the time and on more than one occassion I had to chase her along the beach with a nappy sack trying to 'catch' and apologising to others as I went.

Nightmare.

HAHAH the 3 second rule...my little one dropped his ice cream picked it up blew on it and said to himself 3 second rule and carried on eating it,,,arghhh i teach them well!!!

i also believe that wipping snot on pj top or any house clothing totally acceptable!!!

madmum

Ha ha ha, the leftovers thing strikes a chord. Both Mr Pickle and I were left gutted today at lunchtime when the little ones polished off their cheesy toast without leaving us a single crumb... we never make it for ourselves as on a health kick but can justify eating the kids leftovers.

Muslins are probably the worst thing for me - there was a day where a trusty muslin was used to wipe snot, dirty faces, baby sick then used as a changing mat at bathtime since it was already so disgusting, then (instead of being put in the wash, where OBVIOUSLY it would go at the end of such a day) unwittingly given to my daughter in her cot to use as a comforter.

No harm done, immune system like an ox ;-)

My youngest has a thing for cat food, no matter how hard I try she still manages to get her hands on a few morsels from somewhere... and I admit that these days I've pretty much given up fighting it. If she choses to eat Felix's foil specialty rabbit in gravy for dessert, so be it!

I'm a good Mummy, honest!

HA - baby C and the dog (Coco) have a symbiotic relationship I reckon, well not quite, but Coco loves the weaning phase...lies with her paws on the feet of the highchair catching anything that falls, I have no idea how much the baby has eaten and how much the dog has. Baby C now delights in leaning over the edge of her chair, holding out her hand and watching with fascination as the food falls to the floor to be gobbled up. Sigh.

Coco is so good though, never oversteps the mark whilst baby is in the chair, but I did notice her cleaning up food from the actual seat (but never the tray thank goodness) when I lifted the baby out the other day.

And now Baby C is crawling her favourite thing is to play in the dogs water bowl...and the other day I found her with the food bowl in her hand, held in front of her, not sure if she was planning to wear it as a hat or lick it, but either way it was a step too far and I conviscated it (mean mummy)!

I feel compelled to tell you that the dog only gets fed on dried kibble or children's left overs (if I don't eat them first) so no awful tinned dog meat in the bowl, and she is regularly wormed and de-flead so I'm not quite as dreadful a Mummy as I sound....honest?

Kids both seem to be healthy anyway!

That made me laugh out loud...thank you, going to bed with a smile on my face :))

Glad to hear they are so enthusiastic about food, can they have a word with Baby C next week at the park please, she's taken to rejecting anything that isn't yoghurt or fruit...but then I did notice teeth number 5 and 6 peering through the gums tonight, so I imagine that's why.

M

x

Fuschia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Our babies will crawl back under the highchairs

> after lunch and hoover up as seconds any scraps i

> haven't swept away.

The Nappy Lady Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> pmsl Fuschia, that reminds me of by eldest when

> just out of nappies...she developed a poo phobia

> and would hold it in until she just 'had to go'

> then try to run away from it...we were in France

> on holiday at the time and on more than one

> occassion I had to chase her along the beach with

> a nappy sack trying to 'catch' and apologising to

> others as I went.

> Nightmare.

too funny... definately a story for her 21st.