Name & Shame . . . . LOL . . . Be BOULD BE PROUD!

Bobthefunkhouse

Whilst the concept of naming and shaming forumites isn't something I agree with, I do believe that some people come on here and act like 12 year olds in a playground and bully local businesses ... Especially those ones they don't agree with ( thanks Blah Blah for the phrase there)

I wonder if people realise the financial and emotional harm they can cause a business and its owner when they hide behind a pseudo name and whine about something that has happened. For whatever reason something may have gone wrong or occurred and so often rather than talk to the business in question to let them know there was a problem, which the business could fix if they know about it, the first the business may know about the issue the customer had is when there is a post on here or trip advisor...

In my mind that is a form of cowardly bullying, agreed there are times when the business is informed and doesn't act but again we may just see one side of the story being posted with the business often too scared of a social media kickback if they try and post their side.

A couple of friends of mine who own separate local businesses said in independent conversations about comments against their business on here that they preferred to let people rant about it and for the discussion to die a natural death rather than stick their heads up, post a response and get shot at by people who weren't involved in the problem.

There was a great photo I saw recently that said " if you have a problem, tell us and not trip advisor as they can't help you"

Maybe we should talk more with each other rather than hiding behind a forum or review site and cyber bullying people or businesses we don't agree with or have a problem with. Maybe everyone will learn and grow from the experience!

Right that's my tuppence worth and now off to work on the delightful modern routemaster to earn a crust