Dun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Could we please have better lighting along

> Champion Hill and the Champion Hill estate walking

> down towards Sainsburys? Lots of us walk from

> Denmark Hill Station down towards ED, cutting

> through the estate and the lighting is really poor

> when it is dark!

That is in South Camberwell ward and therefore falls under Camberwell Community Council. Email Cllr Sarah King on [email protected] and she will advise you about this.

Hi Dun, Andrew1011,

One of the beauties is you can apply directly for the CGS funds and local councillors decide later.

I applied successfully for a new path in the Dog Kennel Woods that join that estate to Sainsbury's.

I'd estimate around ?250 for each upgrade light - suspect it would cost less but good place to start based on experience of when I was knife and forking CGS spend in East Dulwich to ensure all our street light met modern standards (but I think we now need to upgrade them further).

Hi Elinimh,

Great ideas - have you applied for each of these. If not get cracking or arrange a suitable time and I can wlk you through or you can walk me through what you'd like to do.

Hi ed_pete,

Yes, the station looks a mess - not sure if still the case but the Wildlife Garden centre was helping at one point. Would you like to apply for some funds to do this or would you like my help?

Hi Nigello,

Do you mean overgrown bushes and trees in private gardens?

You can't do it to private gardens without permission OR if you've warned them. But it would make the place tidier.

What do others think?

Dulwich Olympics/Sports Day

A specific day of the week/weekend every week/weekend, where the parks/commons held a community sports day, running sporting events/competitions for local kids and adults (like a mini Olympics). Teaching locals a bit more about sport also bringing the community closer together. It could even include a careers advisor (stand) specializing in sport, teaching people what it really takes to become a professional sports man or woman. Also a health professional (stand) giving information on a good healthy greener lifestyle. Could also have a linked forum like the E.D with a leader board page for the different events?? It would make the area a bit safer having a closer community.

James,

Why should council or charity funding be used to "help" Network Rail/TOC to clear up what it should be doing itself? If the sidings are the responsibility of either (or both), then it should be up to that body to keep them litter free.

How about a small grant to help the elderly/disabled etc who cannot keep their garden trees/bushes tidy to do so? It may then spur on others who are able but slack.