Bojangles (Upland Road) to be kicked out of premises in two weeks time!

Smiler

HI all,

Our son was meant to be starting at bojangles in January, and we only found out about what was going on because of this thread on edf. Thankyou for sharing, and all the work that has gone into keeping us all informed.

Im still so irritated by it all that i have to vent slightly!!

I still can't believe that

a. the management could change the business name and think it was ok not to be completely transparent with parents and the church. After all we put our absolute trust in these people and something still doesn't sit right about the whole situation.

b. why they were surprised that the church gave them notice as liquidising the company is not only slightly morally iffy but surely would breach the terms of their contract.

AND c. how very unchristian of the church to kick all those children out with TWO weeks notice.

I feel a little better!!

I feel so sorry for all those who have had to find childcare in two weeks, and hope everyone has found suitable arrangements.

I can't be the only one to have had this thought - Anyone want to set up a nursery run by parents??

You don't need to put a company into liquidation to change a name. You can just do that via a form to Companies House and not affect the lease.

Putting the company into liquidation would definitely be a breach of the terms of their lease (and they should have known this). In fact the Landlord could just have changed the locks and given no notice at all.

I was so sorry to see the place shutting on Friday, poor kids/parents/staff :(

Hi Carrieon23 - with respect to parents setting up a nursery, think that a significant amount of time and work (and of course responsibility) is involved. There is a place (called ARC maybe?) somewhere in Southwark where parents took over the running of a nursery that was otherwise going to close: if anyone is seriously up for it, it'd be worth talking to them. Fiona Phillips at Southwark could probably put people in touch.

Smartiemax - have PM'd you.

Hi

My little boy has attended the Forest Hill Bojangles for the best part of a year now. I was only made aware of this issue when they arranged a meeting on 4th Sept for FH parents with concerns - unfortuantely I had 2 days notice of this and was away (and in fact was never given the original letter outlining what had transpired, so was quite in the dark!). Had a quick chat with son's key worker - certainly didn't come away with the impression that the events had been this serious - am very glad now that I decided to google the dulwich nurery - am now most concerned. As I was away and thus could not go to meeting I was told I could raise any qyeries separately - so intend to do that now armed with the extra infor I have - will pass on any response of interest.

For the record, while I have found the care given to my son of the highest standard and that he is extremely happy there - I too have had concerns with the administrative side of things on occasion - issues like letters not being passed on, short notice of events, confusion with bank accounts etc - all quite minor, but now a bit more worrying in the light of all this..

Smiler - I will also PM you my email address and would be grateful if you could add me to your list?

Thanks!

Hi all,

As the name suggests, I am a journalist at the Southwark News (Dulwich and Herne Hill Edition). We are running a story on Bojangles and the trouble parents are having getting their children to another nursery or getting their deposits back. I have been speaking to Ofsted and they haven't been able to find anything for Bojangles/Fingerprints. The Ofsted number quoted by Smiler comes up as a school in Bradford.

Please get in touch, even if it is an off the record chat.

Oliver Pugh

020 72315258

[email protected]

I recently moved to the ED area. My child attended another nursery in SW London which closed without any annoucement one day earlier this year. No deposits were refunded nor was any effort made by the owners. I had my second child down to start at Bojangles in 2010 but when we heard the news, we requested our deposit back and it was returned and cleared. The nursery is now closed and I think we need to move on as they seem to be making every effort to do the right thing. It is easy to take shots at people behind nicknames!

Mariposa,I take issue with your statement that "it is easy to take shots at people behind nicknames". The nursery owners in this case were not open with parents in East Dulwich and seem to be behaving similarly up in Forest Hill. This forum is a way to inform fellow parents in the area of what has been going on; clearly, what is up here is individuals' perceptions of the situation, but I would not call it "taking shots at people".

Munchkin - we're no longer circulating emails, but if I receive anything else of note I'll post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Is anyone else still waiting for their deposits? I was promised our refund by BACS (as the post was not reliable) on 23rd Sept and still no joy. Sonia Adams (Director) is now not returning my calls and the Forest Hill lot are distancing themselves from this situation.

Is a former director of a company still liable for these deposits? Anyone know the legal footing?

Please don?t send PM as this is my wife?s log in.

Thanks

I don't have my deposit back yet either. The cheque bounced a gazillion times and they now promise they will transfer the money into my bank account no later than 7th October. I'm not going to let this go! Sorry, no idea about who's still responsible for what at this stage...

we're still waiting too. when i first said we were leaving the nursery they said 'fine, but please be patient, we're asking people to be orderly as we won't be able to deal with all returns at once', so fool that i am i stepped back and held off from demanding a cheque straight away, and now - nothing. can you let me know how you make a claim to the administrators please? has to be worth a shot...xx

Hi. We are trying to get our deposit back, but don't know where to start...Bojangles aren't contactable and adminstrators say the account is overdrawn and can't help us? How do you go about making a claim with the administrators?