chicken pox

Convex

some time back someone summarised the chicken pox tips - i feel like maybe it was strawbs or midivydale but a search hasnt worked...

i remember piriton, rolled oats in a sock in the bath, what else? are you supposed to use calamine lotion these days? also what do you do about spots on the face?

thanks in advance

My youngest currently has the pox so I went searching for this thread the other day too. Here is it:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,1360903,1361802#msg-1361802

There is also good info on NHS website about treatment for chicken pox. The advice is no nurofen and no aspirin due to risk of complications. Piriton seems to be working for my very spotty little one.

Convex I hope your little one recovers quickly. I had it at 18 and it was hideous - finally got it together and got my daughter vaccinated on Monday and just hoping that she isn't infected yet (as far as I know she hasn't come into contact with anyone who had it beforehand).

My two have just had it, calpol, piriton, oats in a muslin in the bath, virasooth(there is a spray that I found that you could squirt on before they realised rather than rubbing or dabbing on the blisters), cotton leggings and long sleeve tops so they can't get to the spots.

Good luck I hope your little one doesn't have it too badly.

so far he is full of beans and usual happy self, just a few spots. i am wondering if its areaction to the immunisation but he is starting to get bigger ones around his mouth.

what creams did you all use on face/mouth spots? he does use a dummy for naps if thats relevant.

I've been washing his spots with bicarb solution (the ones around his mouth - I'm worried about infection) and its been really good. plus virasoothe has been a hit, he seems to like it and will sit relatively still.

thanks for all the tips.