East Dulwich proposed speed bumps - any views?

I'm sorry Steady Eddy, but your two documents didn't support your case.

The Association of British Drivers was unsupported conjecture - a political polemic not a study.

The Police Review contradicted the ABD by explaining that speed humps slowed traffic that in turn limited accidents, and that there was no evidence of undue speeding between humps.

The police also recommended that humps were introduced according to traffic studies rather than politics (something our local council has manifestly done).

The police observed hypothetically that damage could be done to vehicles, but admitted they had no evidence.

The police observed that there were other traffic calming systems but made no statement about comparative effectiveness.

In fact the only complaint was that they always seemed to be late in the consulting process, but at no time suggested they were not consulted nor that their complaints weren't heard or acted upon.

Why would you present these two documents as evidence of your case? You've willfully misinterpreted them.

Is the real case that you don't want any regulation because you believe that your freedom to drive with abandon is more important than the rest of us poor citizens?

The police also recommended that humps were introduced according to traffic studies rather than politics (something our local council has manifestly done).

Hmmm. Maybe, maybe not. They've shown that there is, arguably, a problem. They've proposed speed humps as a solution. I don't believe they've shown that speed humps are necessarily the correct solution. Melbourne Grove a classic case in point.

We have a problem - something must be done - this is something - it must be done. Sadly, that's the way of the world these days...