Activities for toddlers

I am looking for playgroups, dance or music activities for my 2.5 year old to start asap either during the week or at weekends. Can anyone recommend something fun for my daughter and I or her nanny to join? We will be moving to East Dulwich in late October and are presently in Clapham (travel is not a problem). Thanks

There are loads of activities for toddlers in East Dulwich and nearby. With my toddler we've recently enjoyed Ruby Rhymes (?5 / ?3 concessions) at the Herne Hill United Church (10.30 mondays). As it's a drop in music class, if you can't go one week you don't waste a session. There are also other classes at other venues including Vauxhall City Farm which I haven't tried yet but hope to - www.rubyrhymes.co.uk.

Also Busy Bees at the Horniman Museum (Weds & Fridays) - the Horniman is one of our favourite places to go as there is a music gallery where they can play instruments & an aquariu. Rhymetime at Dulwich library (Weds am), Baby & Toddler group at Dulwich Library on Thursdays am & pm sessions - all of which are free.

There is Tiny Gym at the Camberwell Leisure Centre (mondays)& Peckham pulse soft play (don't bother with Tumbletots you're better off with these two), various 1 o'clock clubs (Peckham Rye / Brockwell Park / Ruskin Park). Plus loads of fantastic parks, Dulwich, Peckham Rye, Ruskin, Sunray Gardens. Try this link to what's on for children in Camberwell & Dulwich http://www.southwark.gov.uk/Uploads/FILE_43664.pdf Also check dates & times as I may be incorrect on some of the above.

South London Dance Studios will be opening brand new premises in Herne Hill from November and they do 'nursery' ballet classes from 2.5yrs (as well as adult). My little boy has just been offered a place to start 11 November, so give them a call. Contact Lorraine McFarlane, Administrator, South London Dance Studios, 020 7978 8624.

I would also recommend checking out Netmums - loads of mother & baby groups are advertised along with various preschool things too and you can select East Dulwich as an area, or look at surrounding places such as Dulwich Village & Herne Hill.

• 2 months later...