Photo gifts - where's best to get them made?

Pickle

I'm guessing this would be lounged as not ED specific, so here I am (not a very frequent lounge poster, be nice!)

I've recently had some photos taken of my family and am planning to use them as gifts to keep grandparents who live overseas happy. Thinking of some photo books and maybe calendars, as well as a canvas for ourselves.

Any recommendations as to which online provider are best to use? Have previously used Truprint and Kodak Gallery, but only for ordering prints, not for photo gifts/canvasses etc. Want something that's going to be decent quality, but don't want to spend an absolute fortune!

Thanks!

Photobox do decent prints, have basic but useful online editing facilities - and you can personalise calendars with your own pics. We've had a few made and they're pretty good - cost less than ?20 - though they usually have offers on around now so might be cheaper if you're lucky.

we've just had our wedding books printed by photobox. they're pretty good - quality was great and the design stage is pretty simple and easy to use online.

i've heard that blurb's books are slightly better quality, but their design stage is more aimed at the pro - you have to design the actual layout (including the fiddly part of lining up images etc) of yr book. time consuming but prob more use in the long run.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• We used Anstey Horne following work done by our neighbours and they were very helpful. Maybe they could provide some guidance? Good luck. https://www.ansteyhorne.co.uk/about/team    
    • Sounds like your neighbour is trying to bully you into  to be compliant and stay quiet.  You really don't have any choice but to contact Southwark regarding building alteration planning permission.  But also try to find your own surveyor asap.  It might cost you now.  But if you don't it could well really get expensive and cause issues with any potential selling in the future.  Don't feel bad about standing up for yourself and your future.....
    • Thank you, he's pretty adamant a party wall agreement isn't needed so no chance of getting plans, he's been very cagey about what's being done. I've asked for the specific clause in the Party Wall Act that suggests he doesn't because I'm pretty worried. Is it just the chimney breasts that would fall under the act? He's insisting the others don't count as party walls.
    • Thanks  for the reminder nellie. Have today received two letters dated February 2024. Heading down to Highshore Road tomorrow to see if there's anything for us. I'm getting obsessive about missing/late arriving bills since having our phone and broadband cut off when we hadn't received (so hadn't paid) a bill from BT that had been posted to us. I now keep a note in my diary of when the various utility bills are expected, and phoning them when I think something is due, invariably they say the bill has been sent out. It shouldn't be so hard.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In