Advice wanted: Bugaboo Bee

amydown

Ok, I know there have been lots of threads on prams, buggies, etc. but I was wondering if anyone who has/had a Bugaboo Bee offer me some advice.

I am thinking of purchasing one. I currently have a Pilko and find it a bit bulky, especially when out shopping (very important). Given that our little boy is only 9 weeks old, hubby is not impressed that we're going shopping for a bugaboo this weekend. Need to prepare myself for all the questions he will be asking in order to accomplish this mission of bugaboo purchase!

Qn1: It looks quite narrow. Do babies feel comfy in them? Also, does anyone have a toddler with a Bugaboo Bee and if so, do they find it comfy?

Qn2: How long does the Cocoon last? Our boy is 9 weeks old but is a big baby (98th centile) so I wonder if the Cocoon is worth purchasing or whether to go straigh for the buggy mode.

Qn3: I'm thinking of getting a second hand footmuff. I heard that it's machine washable. Does it wash well?

Qn4: Anything helpful I should be aware of re: Bugaboo Bee? (e.g. shortfalls, useful tips, etc.)

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Hi, Our boy is 14 months and still very comfy in the bugaboo bee, though he is quite skinny. I chose the bee as it was one of the lightest ones you can use from birth, but I don't see us stopping using it any time soon.

I think it's a great pram, didn't bother with a cocoon, just used blankets and have now got a clare de lune footmuff- much cheaper and fits perfectly.

There was a problem with the breaks, they may have fixed that on the newer ones, but the just sent us an attachment to make them work.

I love my bee! Very happy with it - so light and easy to us in shops, on the bus etc - and pounding the streets of Dulwich! I have slightly small 6 month old and have used the cocoon the whole time (yes even in summer although I wish I'd known there were people who could make a lightweight version) - still seems to be room left. However I agree with bea that blankets etc would be just as good, the seat is comfy enough. No serious drawbacks that I can think of!

I agree with all of the above, my little boy is 16 months old and was never a small baby, 10?lbs when born but he still fits comfortably in the Bee even with a bulky winter coat. I didn't bother with the newborn cocoon either, the footmuff and extra blankets if needed were sufficient. The only downfall I find on public transport is that the body of the Bee is quite short, so getting on trains (easier when getting off as can go out backwards), I nearly always need help or have to lift it up as the body is short so the wheels don't reach the bottom step, similar on the bus, but it's certaintly not enough of a drawback for me to not recommend it. I sourced the extras like the bag, parasol etc from ebay and got them very reasonably priced in comparison to new in the shops and they were in very good condition. The footmuff etc all wash very well. We had a problem with the brakes too but without prompting, customer services sent us the extra bit to secure them so very impressed with the after sales service. Hope this helps.