nursery who help caring for Child w/ ASD

Hi, my son 2.4 year old son has just been diagnosed with Autism. He currently goes to a nursery in Foresthill but I am not st all happy with the quality of care. Shortage of staff and staff who don't really look/ act like they care much. I want my son to go to an environment where they will help him and understand him and show a bit of care and concern. As my son is autistic he needs all the help he can get. So does anyone know of a good nursery whose staff are nature and caring and seem like they'd be helpful with my son ( I know by law each nursery has to cater to every child's needs but some nurseries have a better policy and better staff). Thanks!

Hi,

How about Nelly's?!

http://www.nellys.co.uk/

I know they always have a long waiting list, but worth a try.

My son went there when younger and in his group was a wheelchair bound girl.

Staff have been lovely with her, very inclusive.

They have a good child/adult ratio, staff is well trained and caring.

Good luck! I hope you'll find a place you are both happy with

I'd second Nelly's. They have really good staff retention and are very caring. My son's 'key worker' still works there and my son is 8 now.

You may get lucky getting a place as some children leave aged 3 to go to school nurseries or private schools. My son started at 3. He'd been to 2 nurseries previously (one went bust and we moved house) and it was by far the best we've experienced.

Good luck!

Hi. My daughter is just over 3 and newly diagnosed with autism. Sadly, it took a whole year and I kind of knew it way before she was 2. Crack on with your kid's development at home to start with. 2.4 is quite young, so much can be done!! It will come down to your efforts in the end. I am also desperate to find a suitable nursery but am losing hope with all the waiting lists, etc. It is now getting clear how much of my child's potential has been wasted for the past year at her current nursery.. Get in touch if you need anything