Nanny daily rate

seveber

Hi,

We are two families who are considering employing a nanny to look after our boys who are less than a year old.

Could someone give me a rough indication of the daily rate for a full time nanny including tax and NI?

Many thanks,

Severine.

It's a very long time since I did that, so I can't give up-to-date information, - but you are going to have to make clear whether this is a live-in or live-out job; the wages are very different - also whether the employer offers a car or use of a car. All these things can impact the wage bill (and the attractiveness of the job)

Most experienced / qualified nannies ask for between 8 pounds and 10 pounds an hour (net). Work out her net daily rate and then go online and google a nanny tax calculator. These allow you to click on the net weekly wage to come up with the gross cost to you.

My name is Barbara and i would like to offer my cleaning services to You.I already clean for a family in east dulwich who are happy to provide a reference for me.I am hard working,honest,and reliable.I charge 9 pounds per hour.Please call me ON 07521475670.I am happy to meet for an interview.

My nanny charges ?11.50 per hour net when she works for me and another family and on top of that factor in around another ?4 for tax and NI so you are looking at around ?14.50 per hour, split between two families around ?7.25 per hour each family, so a ten hour day ?72.50 per family.

I think it varies a lot and it seems rates are falling in this market. My friend has just started a new nanny for two kids and is paying ?8.50 net for an experienced, native English speaker that can drive !

Admitedly it's not a nanny share but even so .....

Yes it is around 8-10? net for a sole charge nanny especially in London, A search on nanny agency websites will confirm this. I can only assume Ang friend is starting out, is not experienced or else she has offered her service at a low rate so her employer has got a bargain!

http://www.abritishnanny.co.uk/how-much-should-i-pay-nanny.html