Advice on a Power Flush please

mattH

Hello,

I thought I'd ask on here for the advice of plumbers regarding a power flush.

Recently I removed a radiator to wallpaper the wall behind. Wallpapered and re fitted the radiator.

After leaving the client noticed many of the radiators were not heating up properly.

My question is this: Can removing one radiator cause a whole system to become dysfunctional?

Further info:

I neglected to tighten one valve on the rad and caused a leak. (I fixed this of course)

The filling loop was faulty - and leaked. Can opening a filling loop if done correctly cause a leak?

The reason I ask is because my explanation to the client of what has happened was not believed.

I.E. That existing much in the system predating my work was churned up in the re filling and blocked other radiators. I feel I am not responsible for the muck as in my experience this can happen when modifying a system if it is not power flushed regularly.

I have paid for the power flush, which I do not feel I should have to do. The power flush of course worked.

Many thanks for any responses,

Regards,

Matthew

Hi Matthew

Removing the radiator can inject a certain amount of air into the system but it wouldn't block every rad. One or two may be in need of venting or on certain older F&E systems cause an air lock but normally it would not affect every rad.

you were just unfortunate in that you carried out works on the system and therefore received some blame to an already (seemingly) present issue.

Lee

Thank you Lee..

She's not blaming me. I just wanted to sort it out and get it off the books (I felt bad about causing a leak) hence my offer to pay for it even though i was certain it was a latent pre existing condition. I sent one of my guys in to bleed and balance the radiators prior to the power flush which helped in part.

Archived