Dulwich Community Council - Quietways and major proposal for double yellow lines

Our Village Ward Councillor has advised that Southwark Council will start to place statutory and consultation street notices at each junction in Dulwich wards from next Monday to be completed by the start of the consultation. The consultation starts on Thursday 24 November but you can leave a response on the consultation hub from today. Everyone that makes a response to the consultation will receive an acknowledgement.

NOTE: Attached to this post are the questions that are asked on the consultation.

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:34 AM

EDITED for privacy:

To: Met police; london-fire; personal to local resident(s); Southwark disability forum; British Motorcyclists Federation; Road haulage association ltd; Freight transport association ltd; London TravelWatch; LT Buses network operations; TfL; LTDA; Southwark Cyclists; Sustrans; Veolia;

Cc: Herd, Michael; Hartley, Jon; Rose, Catherine; Simmons, Andy; Barber, James; Shimell, Rosie; Smith, Charlie; Kirby, Anne; Lyons, Jane; Mitchell, Michael

Subject: [LBS traffic orders] Borough-wide junction protection: College, East Dulwich and Village wards

Our ref: H/ND/TMO1617-012

Dear stakeholder

London Borough of Southwark

Borough-wide junction protection: College, East Dulwich and Village wards

The London Borough of Southwark (Waiting and loading restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*

In accordance with the council of the London Borough of Southwark's usual procedures on traffic and parking schemes, I wish to draw your attention to the above proposal - the effects of which are described more fully in the documents linked here:-

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/14244/borough-wide_junction_protection_college_east_dulwich_and_village_wards_-_public_notice_dated_24_november_2016

(A text version of the notice is included at the foot of this e-mail to assist reading on mobile devices).

If you wish to make any comments regarding these proposals, please send them to me using either the e-mail or postal address below by 22 December 2016.

If you have any queries or wish to discuss the matter further, please e-mail [email protected] or call 020 7525 2005.

Yours sincerely

Richard Herbert

Traffic orders officer

Highways | network development

Southwark council

Environment

Floor 3 hub 2

160 Tooley Street

London SE1 2QH

020 7525 2005

[email protected]

www.southwark.gov.uk/trafficorders

--

LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK

BOROUGH-WIDE JUNCTION PROTECTION: COLLEGE, EAST DULWICH AND VILLAGE WARDS

The London Borough of Southwark (Waiting and loading restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*

1. Southwark Council hereby GIVES NOTICE that it proposes to make the above order under the powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.

2. The effect of the order would be to introduce new lengths of ?at any time? waiting restrictions, 7.5 metres in length (unless otherwise stated), in:-

College ward

ACACIA GROVE, on both sides at its junction with Alleyn Park (16 metres);

ALLEYN PARK, (i) on both sides at its junction with Acacia Grove (16 metres), (ii) on both sides at its junction with Park Hall Road (22 metres on the north-east side, 15 metres on the south-west side;

ALLEYN ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Park Hall Road (13.5 metres on the north-east side, 12 metres on the south-west side), (ii) on the north-east side at its junction with Alleyn Crescent, (iii) on the south-west side across the vehicular access adjacent to Nos. 2a-c Alleyn Road (15 metres), (iv) on the west side at its junction with Church Approach (13.7 metres on the south side);

BELVOIR ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Underhill Road;

CHURCH APPROACH, on both sides at its junction with Alleyn Road;

COLLEGE ROAD, (i) the east side, at its junction with Fountain Drive, (ii) the west side, between a point 8 metres south of the boundary of Nos. 126 and 128 and a point 6 metres south of the boundary of Nos. 128 and 130 College Road, (iii) both sides at its junction with Dulwich Wood Park (13 metres), (iv) the west side at its junction with Crystal Court;

CRYSTAL PALACE PARADE, the north-west side between its junctions with Fountain Drive and Sydenham Hill (23 metres);

DULWICH WOOD AVENUE, (i) the south-east and north side of the western end of the triangular island site opposite The Garvens, No 57 Dulwich Wood Avenue, (ii) the south-west side outside Nos. 51-53 Dulwich Wood Avenue (20 metres);

DULWICH WOOD PARK, (i) the north side at its junction with College Road (12.5 metres), (ii) the south side at its junction with Lymer Avenue, (iii) the south-west and south side at its junction with Farquhar Road (10 metres);

CRESCENT WOOD ROAD, (i) at its western junction with Sydenham Hill, (ii) the south side at its western junction with the northern access road to Countisbury House, (iii) the south side at its eastern junction with the northern access road to Countisbury House;

CROXTED ROAD, (i) on the north-east side at its junction with the service road fronting Nos. 2-10 Croxted Road, (ii) the service road fronting Nos. 2-10 Croxted Road, on both sides of between its junction with the main carriageway of Croxted Road and the boundary of Nos. 8 and 10 Croxted Road;

FARQUHAR ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Dulwich Wood Park (26 metres), (ii) on the north-east side at the entrance to garages adjacent to No. 78 Farquhar Road (14 metres), (iii) on the south-west side at its junction with the access road to Glenhurst Court, (iv) on the north-east side at the entrance to garages adjacent to No. 64 Farquhar Road (14 metres), (v) on the north-east side at its junction with Tylney Avenue (24 metres on the north side of the junction), (vi) on the south-west side at its junction with the access road to Lowood Court, (vii) on the north-east side at the entrance to garages at the rear of Nos. 1-12 Tylney Avenue (10 metres);

FOUNTAIN DRIVE, (i) the south-west side at its junction with College Road, (ii) the south-west side at its junction with Hogarth Court;

ILDERSLY GROVE, on both sides at its junction with Park Hall Road;

KINGSWOOD DRIVE, (i) the main carriageway, on the south-east side at its junction with the east to west arm leading to Nos. 12-30 Kingswood Drive (11.5 metres south-west of the junction), (ii) the east to west arm, throughout both sides (17 metres), (iii) the north to south arm fronting Nos. 12-30 Kingswood Drive, the west side at its junction with the east to west arm;

LANGTON RISE, on both sides at its junction with Underhill Road;

OVERHILL ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Underhill Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Lordship Lane;

PARK HALL ROAD, (i) on the north-west side at its junction with Acacia Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Alleyn Park (19 metres); (iii) on both sides at its junction with Alleyn Road and Ildersly Grove, (iv) on the north-west side at its junction with the service road fronting Nos. 2-10 Croxted Road;

ROUSE GARDENS, (i) the arm fronting Nos. 12-18 Rouse Gardens, on both sides at its junction with the arm fronting Nos. 6-24 Rouse Gardens, (ii) the arm fronting Nos. 6-24 Rouse Gardens, on the east side at its junction with the arm leading to garages at the rear of Linley Court, (iii) the arm fronting Nos. 6-24 Rouse Gardens, on the east side at its junction with the arm fronting Whitfield Court, (iv) the arm leading to garages at the rear of Linley Court, on the south side at its junction with the arm fronting Whitfield Court, (v) the arm fronting Whitfield Court, on both sides at its junction with the arm leading to garages at the rear of Linley Court, (vi) the arm fronting Whitfield Court, on both sides at its junction with the arm fronting Nos. 6-24 Rouse Gardens;

SYDENHAM HILL, (i) the west side at its junction with Rock Hill (17 metres north of the junction), (ii) the west side at its southern junction with Woodseyre, (iii) the north-west side at its northern junction with Woodseyre, (iv) the north-west side at its junctions with the access road to Nos. 27-32 Sydenham Hill and Crouchmans Close (15 metres in between these junctions), (v) the north-west side at its western junction with Crescent Wood Road (14 metres south-west of and 24 metres north-east of the junction), (vi) the north side at its junction with the access road to No. 41 Sydenham Hill, (vii) the north-west side at its junction with the southern access road to Countisbury House, (viii) the west side at its junction with the access road to Attleborough Court and Dunton Court;

UNDERHILL ROAD, (i) on the east side at its junction with Overhill Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Langton Rise, (iii) on the north-west side at its junction with the access road to Belvoir Lodge, (iv) on the north-west side at its junction with Belvoir Road;

East Dulwich ward

ARCHDALE ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Crawthew Grove and Frogley Road;

ASHBOURNE GROVE, on both sides at its junction with Melbourne Grove;

BARRY ROAD, (i) on the north-west side at its junction with the access road to Halliwell Court, (ii) on the north-west side at its junction with Silvester Road;

BASSANO STREET, (i) on the south and north-east sides of the bend in the road outside No. 22 Bassano Street, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Blackwater Street;

BLACKWATER STREET, (i) on the north side at its junction with Bassano Street, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Melbourne Grove;

CHESTERFIELD GROVE, on the north side at its junction with Melbourne Grove;

CRAWTHEW GROVE, (i) on the south-west side at its junction with Archdale Road and Frogley Road, (ii) on the north-east side at its junction with Worlingham Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Lacon Road;

CREBOR STREET, (i) on both sides at its junction with Upland Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Dunstan's Road;

CRYSTAL PALACE ROAD, (i) on the north-west side at its junction with the access road to Nos. 158-172 Crystal Palace Road, (ii) on the north-west side at its junction with Landcroft Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Silvester Road, (iv) on the west side at its junction with Pellatt Road, (v) on the west side at its junction with Rodwell Road, (vi) on the west side at its junction with Heber Road, (vi) on the north-west side at its junction with Jennings Road, (vii) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road (12.5 metres south-west of the junction on the north-west side), (viii) on the north-west side at its junction with Thompson Road;

CYRENA ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Silvester Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Pellatt Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Rodwell Road, (iv) on both sides at its junction with Heber Road;

DUNSTAN'S ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road, (ii) on the north-west side at its junction with Crebor Street, (iii) on the north-west side at its junction with Upland Road;

ETHEROW STREET, on the south-west side at its junction with Norcroft Gardens;

FRIERN ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road (9 metres south-west of the junction), (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with the access road to Nos. 343-437 Friern Road;

FROGLEY ROAD, (i) on the south-east side at its junction with Nutfield Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Archdale Road and Crawthew Grove;

GOODRICH ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road (13.5 metres east of the junction on the north side, 9.5 metres east of the junction on the south side), (iii) on both sides at its junction with Landells Road, (iv) on both sides at its junction with Friern Road, (v) on both sides at its junction with Upland Road, (v) on both sides at its junction with Dunstan's Road;

HEBER ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on the north side at its junction with Cyrena Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

JENNINGS ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

LACON ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Crawthew Grove (12 metres on the west side);

LANDCROFT ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Whateley Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Silvester Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Pellatt Road, (iv) on the east side at its junction with Rodwell Road, (v) on both sides at its junction with Heber Road, (vi) on the north-east side at its junction with Jennings Road, (vii) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road, (viii) on the north-east side at its junction with Thompson Road, (ix) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

LANDELLS ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road;

MATHAM GROVE, on both sides at its junction with East Dulwich Grove;

MELBOURNE GROVE, (i) on the north-east side at its junction with Tell Grove, (ii) on the north-east side at its junction with Ashbourne Grove, (iii) on the north-east side at its junction with Chesterfield Grove, (iv) on the north-east side at its junction with Blackwater Street;

NUTFIELD ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Frogley Road;

OXONIAN STREET, on both sides at its junction with Zenoria Street;

PELLATT ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Cyrena Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

RODWELL ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Cyrena Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

SILVESTER ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Cyrena Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road, (iv) on both sides at its junction with Landells Road;

TELL GROVE, (i) on both sides at its junction with East Dulwich Grove, (ii) on the west and north sides at the bend in the road outside No. 2 Tell Grove, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Melbourne Grove;

THOMPSON ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Landcroft Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Crystal Palace Road;

UNDERHILL ROAD, (i) on the south-west side at its junction with Victoria Close, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Upland Road;

UPLAND ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Underhill Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Crebor Street, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Goodrich Road (9 metres south-west of the junction on the north-west side), (iv) on both sides at its junction with Dunstan's Road;

WHATELEY ROAD, on the south-west side at its junction with Landcroft Road;

WORLINGHAM ROAD, on the north-west side at its junction with Crawthew Grove;

ZENORIA STREET, on both sides at its junction with Oxonian Street;

Village ward

BEAUVAL ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Townley Road, (ii) on the north-east side at its junction with Milo Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Woodwarde Road (8.6 metres on the north-east side);

BURBAGE ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Turney Road (15 metres south-west of the junction);

CALTON AVENUE, on the north-west side at its junction with Gilkes Crescent;

COLLEGE ROAD, on the east side at its junction with Frank Dixon Way;

COLWELL ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Melbourne Grove, (ii) on the north-west side at its junction with Playfield Crescent, (iii) on the south-east and north-east sides at the bend in the road outside No. 10 Colwell Road;

COURT LANE, (i) on the north-east side at its junction with Dekker Road, (ii) on the north-east side at its junction with Desenfans Road, (iii) on the north-east side at its junction with Druce Road, (iv) on the south-west side at its western junction with Court Lane Gardens, (v) on the south-west side at its eastern junction with Court Lane Gardens, (vi) on the north-east side at its junction with Eastlands Crescent, (vii) on both sides at its junction with Lordship Lane (12 metres on the north side, 19 metres on the south side);

DEKKER ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Woodwarde Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Court Lane;

DESENFANS ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Woodwarde Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Court Lane;

DOVERCOURT ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Townley Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Woodwarde Road, (ii) on the south-east side at its junction with Eastlands Crescent,

DRUCE ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Woodwarde Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Court Lane;

EASTLANDS CRECENT, (i) on both sides at its junction with Dovercourt Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Court Lane;

GILKES CRESCENT, on both sides at its junction with Calton Avenue;

GLENGARRY ROAD, (i) on the west side at its junction with Tarbert Road, (ii) on the south-west and north-west sides at the bend in the road outside No. 34 Glengarry Road, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Thorncombe Road;

HILLSBORO ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Thorncombe Road;

LORDSHIP LANE, on the south-west side at its junction with Court Lane (15 metres either side of the junction);

LYTCOTT GROVE, (i) on both sides at its junction with Melbourne Grove, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Playfield Crescent;

MELBOURNE GROVE, (i) on the west side at its junction with Lytcott Grove, (ii) on the south-west side at its junction with Colwell Road;

MILO ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Beauval Road;

PICKWICK ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Turney Road;

PLAYFIELD CRECENT, (i) on both sides at its junction with Colwell Road, (ii) on the west and north-west side at the bend in the road outside No. 4 Playfield Crescent, (iii) on both sides at its junction with Lytcott Grove;

ROSEWAY, (i) on both sides at its eastern junction with Turney Road, (ii) on both sides at its western junction with Turney Road;

TARBERT ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Glengarry Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Thorncombe Road;

THORNCOMBE ROAD, (i) on both sides at its junction with Glengarry Road (8.8 metres on the south-west side), (ii) on the south-west side at its junction with Hillsboro Road, (iii) on the north-east side at its junction with Tarbert Road, (iv) on the south-east side at its junctions with the access roads to No. 23-41 Hillsboro Road and Velde Way and Delft Way, (v) on the north-east side at its junction with Trossachs Road, (vi) on all sides of the turning head at the north-western end of Thorncombe Road (extending north-westward from a point 2 metres south-east of the north-western boundary of No. 1 Thorncombe Road on the north-east side);

TOWNLEY ROAD, (i) on the south-west side at its junction with Dovercourt Road, (ii) on the south side at its junction with Beauval Road;

TROSSACHS ROAD, on both sides at its junction with Thorncombe Road;

TURNEY ROAD, (i) the north-west side, at its eastern junction with Roseway, (ii) the south-east side, at its junction with Pickwick Road, (iii) the north-west side, at its western junction with Roseway, (iv) on both sides at its junction with Burbage Road (20 metres north-east and 15 metres south-west on the north-west side, 15 metres north-east and 18 metres south-west on the south-east side);

WOODWARDE ROAD, (i) on the north-east side at its junction with Beauval Road, (ii) on both sides at its junction with Dovercourt Road, (iii) on the south-west side at its junction with Druce Road, (iv) on the south-west side at its junction with Desenfans Road, (v) on the south-west side at its junction with Dekker Road.

The order would in addition formalise existing waiting restrictions (where necessary) in these and adjoining streets.

3. For more information contact Michael Herd of the council's Highways parking design team by telephone on 020 7525 2131 or e-mail [email protected]

4. Copies of this notice, the proposed order, a statement of the council's reasons for making this order and plans may be found online at http://www.southwark.gov.uk/trafficorders or paper copies may be obtained from or viewed at Highways, Environment, 3rd floor hub 2, 160 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QH. Please telephone 020 7525 2005 for details.

5. Anyone wishing to object to or make any other representations regarding the proposal, may use this formhttps://consultations.southwark.gov.uk/environment-leisure/borough-wide-junction-protection/ or send a statement in writing to: the Traffic orders officer, Highways, Southwark council, Environment, P.O. Box 64529, London SE1P 5LX or by e-mail to [email protected] quoting reference H/ND/TMO1617-012 by 22 December 2016. Please note that if you wish to object to this proposal you must state the grounds on which your objection is made.

6. When making an objection or representation, please be aware that this may be communicated to other people who may be affected. Information provided in response to this consultation, including in some circumstances personal information, may also be subject to publication or disclosure under the requirements of current access to information legislation.

Dated 24 November 2016

NICKY COSTIN

Parking and network management business unit manager

Regulatory services

This Traffic Management Order was issued in error. I've spoken to the officers involved and been assured it doesn't count as it is contrary to Southwark Council constitution. I also met with officers on Friday.

Apart from being unhelpful I'm surprised a councillor would encourage peoples fear in these circumstances.

Please ignore this TMO.