Motorcycle mechanic shop

BarryRhode

Hi there

I'm looking for a local bike shop that can undertake some basic motorcycle maintenance items and replace tyres for a sports bike

Things like check and lube front and rear wheel bearings, swingarm, service forks, etc

Any pointers appreciated

Thanks

g

For tyres round here I've used Watling Tyres in Catford, and going into town FWR in Kennington. No complaints about either but whichever call first to make sure they have stock. My feeling is fwr is cheaper but check in advance, might be wrong on that.

They can do the other stuff as well but you may choose to use someone more local I don't know about. I used City Bikes in Shoreditch as they were near work so convenient and again they've been fine.

Honda Rider Motors. They're local, dedicated, and run by a woman with perfect nails. Natalie is wonderful. Gordon Road Peckham. AVoid Metropolis. They're over priced. I took part in a focus group recently; me and 9 men, and they nearly all slagged that place off for overpricing. A while ago without phoning me to check, they allowed a pick up van to come and take away my bike for scrap! Just because the company said they were told to! They should have phoned me to confirm this was to happen. Luckily I got bike back. Rant over. Go to Honda Riders. Oh and second Watling Tyres Catford for your new tyres when all you need is tyres.

• 5 months later...

Archived