East Dulwich Hospital Site Planning Consultation

Personally I doubt that any architectural debate is likely to hold things up any more than they are already.

Whatever is to happen with the existing building cannot happen until the existing health services have moved out and according to the Charter that won't be "until 2019 at the earliest."

I have no problem with heritage architecture. I just don't think its appropriate here and I really don't like the way that all of the so-called conceptual plans only include options for retaining the "chateau" and no alternatives were put forward.

On a different tack, the land given over to the medical centre seems small by comparison. Given recent reports there are between 1200 and 1700 heads per local GP, one wonders if enough thought has been given to this aspect? Our population is growing, hence the need for more schools but that also creates a demand for medical facilities.

Newton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So, let's be clear, the DCC are still considering

> proposals for dealing with the volume of traffic

> in Melbourne Grove (south) whilst the council are

> simultaneously proposing to make the problem

> worse? If I lived on Melbourne Grove I'd be

> feeling pretty aggrieved right now.

>

> I'm sure that encouraging parents to use public

> transport will make a difference of up to one car

> a day.

Newton, I'm really sympathetic to people who experience lots of parking pressure/traffic on their road (I do too) but if this school is for local children, won't most of them walk? And if not won't they be old enough to travel on public transport without a parent? This is a genuine question - it would be interesting to know stats of how pupils of the current Charter get to school.

• 1 month later...

Revised Dulwich Community Hospital plans are to be consulted on next month:

Attend our planning consultation event:

Date: Wednesday 8 June 2016

Time: 4.00pm - 7.30pm

Venue: United Reformed Church, East Dulwich Grove

View and comment online. The proposals and

survey will be available at:

http://tinyurl.com/CharterSchoolED from 8 to 15 June 2016

View proposals at Dulwich Community Hospital from 8 to 15 June 2016

• 4 weeks later...