Kids football classes - recommendations?

prdarling

Can anyone recommend football classes for 2 and a half/3 year olds please. We've tried Little Kickers but not keen on the venue and they have not proved to be very professional, coaches showing up late, sometimes not at all and the only time you can get through on their, ahem 'hotline' is when they want your money for the next set of classes.

Any suggestions as we are really keen to continue with our little man

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Anyone tried these classes lately? Am thinking of taking my son (19 months). He loves football but I suspect he might be put off by a shouty man and a whistle but hope it's worth a go. If anyone has been lately with a little one and has anything to add, I'd love to know.

Thanks

Took my 18 month old on Sunday morning, 11-12. I thought the guy teaching was great and it was ideal for a run around in the morning before lunch. Whistle was loud but my little one loved it. Give it a go. As says above, just 3 pounds drop in on a Sat or Sun morn at JAGS. I prefered it to most of the pricey music/dance themed classes we do during the week!

Hi all. After starting this thread way back when we did try Jags and found it great. Danny the coach is fab with the children and it's perfect that it's a drop in session. My boys are 3 and 4 so may be in a different group from you guys (no idea as it's Daddy's job!)

• 2 years later...
Try Little Kickers at Haberdasher Askes playing fields (indoor and outdoor facilities depending on the weather) - classes are really well run, not too noisy, keep control but allow lots of fun, teachers are really really nice and patient. They also have Little Rugby. I think they allow a free trial then you book a course of 6 classes if you decide to go ahead :)

Footie sessions at Jags on Saturday and Sunday are BRILLIANT. We have beEn taking our very active boy for a while now. Danny - the coach - does shout and blow the whistle quite loudly but generally the kids find it funny and get that he isn't being mean or grumpy; he is just in charge and boy, do the kids respond to him! If you ask my son, he says very clearly "Danny says, wait for the whistle, mummy" and he'll do a pretend whistle sound. He really loves it and you can just go along whenever you want so it works for us. Very popular with boys and girls.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to organise a class during the week after school. So fare 5 parents are interested. It would be either Mon, Tue or Wed at 4 pm for about an hour. Cost about ?4. Location between Camberwell and ED.

I have got a coach who is brilliant. So contact me if interested.

Thank you

Super Sporty Kids are looking at running a sports class during the week. They need enough interest (10 people) to start a weekday session. 11 to 12 noon for 3 to 4 year olds.

supersportykids.webs.com

Otherwise they run on Saturday afternoons - look under the 'About Us' tab and all the times are there.

Great coach and the kids love him

?7.00 per session (1 hour) longer for the older children

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not directly responsive to pilsbury's question, but I wanted to post information about a new football class starting in the area, which is a 10 am Saturday class for 3.5-5 year olds at the East Dulwich Community Centre on Darrell Road. We did a course with Coach Denzil at his previous location in Catford and thought it was terrific -- he's very engaging and easily kept the children's attention, the exercises are more challenging than the ones at several younger toddler football classes we'd tried, he plans to keep the classes fairly small, and now there's the bonus that he's shifted the class into this area. He was very well-regarded as a coach when he taught at Little Kickers a couple of years ago (we learned of him through a rec from a friend with a child in that class), but has now branched out to teach on his own. You can reach him at [email protected].

He is currently evaluating the level of interest in classes for both younger (2.5-3 y.o.) and older (5-7 y.o.) children, and may be starting those classes in the next few weeks if there is enough interest, so please get in touch with him if you would be interested in either of those.