Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Please don't slam the gates of goose green

Discuss life in London's East Dulwich. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you
smartie1

I'd appreciate if anyone going through goose green (especially at night) could close the gate behind them rather than letting it slam shut. It's quite annoying for anyone (me) living close by.
Blackcurrant

Is it council property? They might put a gate stop on it to quieten it if the noise is a problem. Not sure who to ask though..
goosey-goosey

Friends of Goose Green might be able to help.

http://www.friendsofgoosegreen.org.uk
i*Rate

smartie1

Get real- anyone wandering around in that playground at night is not going to be reading the forum and deciding that they been rather unreasonable in not closing the gate quietly.
Pop down one night if happens again and have a little chaps in hooded clothing and have a few firm words with them.

Cheerybye!
Huggers

Irate, goose green is a shortcut for many at whatever time of night. Smartie wasn't referring to the playground
FJDGoose

Many people don't close the gates properly - they close them but then don't pull the catch across - it's annoying,like someone who sweeps up in a room and just leaves the rubbish in a little pile in the middle of the floor (maybe I should have posted this in the " things that cause you irrational rage " thread or whatever it's called.)......

I'm the thread killer, the boring thread killer :)