All praise for the campaign

EDGman

I got my Covid jab at Guy's on Wednesday and just marvelled at the way in which the entire vaccination facility was set up and operated.

The facility is housed within a temporary structure but this has been really well designed and obviously no expense has been spared. There are large forced ventilation ducts that provide fresh air delivery to eliminate the risk of cross infection. There are separate sections dedicated to initial waiting, injections and post-injection holding. Every seat is immediately disinfected immediately it is vacated. All the staff were marvellous and operated the facility in a friendly and above all professional manner.

Well done to Guys, the NHS and the Government for getting this up and running. They should all take pride in knowing that the UK has totally out-shone the Europeans and the USA with the way the UK has handled the vaccination programme.

EDGman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I got my Covid jab at Guy's on Wednesday and just

> marvelled at the way in which the entire

> vaccination facility was set up and operated.

>

> The facility is operated within a temporary

> structure but this has been really well designed

> and obviously no expense has been spared. There

> are large forced ventilation ducts that provide

> fresh air delivery to eliminate the risk of cross

> infection. There are separate sections dedicated

> to initial waiting, injections and post-injection

> holding. Every seat is immediately disinfected

> immediately it is vacated. All the staff were

> marvellous and operated to facility in a friendly

> and above all professional manner.

>

> Well done to Guys, the NHS and the Government for

> getting this up and running. They should all take

> pride in knowing that the UK has totally out-shone

> the Europeans and the USA with the way the UK has

> handled the vaccination programme.

Thanks for your experience.

Clutterqueen Wrote:

> Hanging our heads? What for?

https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesMomentum/photos/a.160217227657006/1381163122229071/?__cft__[0]=AZV_2QWWT9q41Ux49GM8r8M1gUcHqgt0DcTZJx7UGpTNKt4W3QRRw9f8X4r7k_Kj_Jel-H9R28uPYPKxYoLq0u1t2FP_bWTbTYJXiWj6WwGSBSrgKlNbYp9l3dAhTfgLzKpgRsOTOt8p5GhVSsM9e5yipL3oaL5scz11nhVz_uEngYooslV3ottN4sSLHKYEKCsX-mTVRalGZAi5znDqYl47&__tn__=EH-y-R

Peckhampam Wrote:

> I am not into

> nationalistic comparisons however, and we should

> really be hanging our heads for most of what has

> happened in the UK during the pandemic.

Surely, during any crisis, such as this pandemic, it pays to look for the positives.

https://www.verywellmind.com/benefits-of-positive-thinking-2794767

Is it not possible that approval by MRSA was rushed/pressurised by UK government in order to gain early approval and thus score points and gain popularity (that might go some way towards negating the appalling indecisiveness they have shown over the last year)? If anything untoward does emerge (such as long term side effects)in the future, perhaps we will not be quite so gung-ho.

If the MRSA was persuaded/influenced to accelerate the approval then every credit for doing so. Since then there has been no country which has said it will not give approval. Getting an early approval here in the UK meant that we secured early supplies and organised an effective mass vaccination programme. Apart from two small countries (Israel and the UAE) no other nation has achieved anything like the UK's roll-out.

As for the risk going forward, then it is an issue of known facts against "unknown unknowns" as Donald Rumsfelt would say.

Fact - Covid19 is a highly contagious disease with horrendous symptoms that can be lethal. So-called "Long Covid" can also be extremely debilitating and life changing.

Unknown unknowns - Here it comes down to probabilities. Untoward effects can be discounted as vaccines have been around for decades and have brought immense benefits. Extensive phase 1, 2 and 3 trials have been conducted and these have failed to show any side effects.

If you think it's gung-ho does that mean you will decline to take the vaccine if offered it?

If you do then you will be in a very, very small minority of the population.

A rational person is able to hold a various number of opinions, including contradictory ones, at the same time, so I can say bravo re the vaccine and boo-hiss re other aspects of Covid-19 response. The vaccine development and rollout deserves applause and thanks.