Measures in shops / pubs / restaurants post 19 July

IlonaM that?s good to know. It looked, when I went into Sainsbury?s, that they are no longer limiting numbers - there was no member of staff on the door. I did go at a quiet time.

As businesses are being left to make their own decisions on what measures they take I?d be interested to know what approach other businesses locally are taking. Also some might not have as widely published information as Sainsbury?s being smaller.

This is what I?ve seen on Grove Vale / Lordship Lane.

Marvellous Greens and Beans As before staff continue to wear masks.

Poached (takeaway) Nothing obvious other than hand sanitiser. Staff not wearing masks

Jones of Brockley Staff wearing masks, 3 customers in shop at a time, notice on door asks customers to use mask

Caff? Nero (takeaway) Hand sanitiser and social distancing markers Staff behind screens not wearing masks. Sign says staff continue to wash hands and clean and asking customers to wear a mask and pay by card / app (a notice has gone up that it?s a cash free store.

Can anyone say what Moxon?s and the other shops and cafes near it are doing? I?ve seen the thread saying the bus stop opposite has reopened and the barriers been removed so if there are queues for the shops that?s going to be interesting to walk past.

Hand sanitiser is really not that useful, is it? Open doors and window, ideally front and back, is what I look for. Dilute the air inside with fresh air gusting in is a good way of reducing transmission risks. Bus windows all ought to be open, same on the train, so if you are inside a cafe, etc. and there is no air, ask them to make some by opening a door.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hand sanitiser is really not that useful, is it?

Yeah I am also of the opinion that ventilation is more important (and reducing time in indoor public places).

Hand sanitiser is still a good idea for shops though, where people are likely to be touching when browsing goods. And also for kids who find it hard to stop touching their face and other random stuff.

Mons cheese shop Staff are wearing masks and there is a notice asking that you do. There is no no limit on the numbers in the shop.

Moxon?s fishmonger. Staff wore masks. There?s been an increase to 3 people / household groups allowed in. We went late afternoon so there was no queue.

Tandoori Nights restaurant. The door was open when we walked past. They removed tables during the restrictions and it looks like they haven?t put the middle tables back in so it should be good for social distancing.

500 Degrees restaurant. Staff weren?t wearing masks and tables inside look to be in the same place they were. We?ve not seen it full so social distancing shouldn?t be an issue. Cutlery was brought out as we sat. There is a garden.

I would look out for ventilation more than anything else. If there are windows and doors that could be open and are not, ask for them to be opened (and for one at the back to be opened also, so a current of air is createad).

so a current of air is createad

That areas have to be airy is a good thing, of course - but if there really was a real air current, and it was blowing through a crowded pub out to where I was sitting, I'm not sure I would be welcoming that - if the aerosol droplets were all coming my way - it's about dissipation, not funelling, after all!

• 4 weeks later...

Another good trip to Signoria.

We?ve had coffee, takeaway coffee and a porchetta roll from outside when it was going when they couldn?t serve customers indoors, evening meal (eat in and taken home) and bought from the shop. All good and service always friendly and good.

Will remember to stick with standard cappuccino not large (too large for us).

Although officially Covid restrictions have been relaxed there is a small garden and the person doing most of the service at table wore a mask. The boss, mainly behind the counter didn?t but it didn?t make me feel unsafe.