Walk in Vaccination Clinics at Tessa Jowell and elsewhere and testing information

It also comes up as walk in for 16+ but my son and someone in front of him were turned away 2hrs before end of clinic...Really frustrating as it can be hard getting teenagers to attend...ended up going to Guys...walk-in works well there...

Hi Cora,

thanks for the feedback on your son's experience. I will feed this back. This shouldn't have happened as it was a 16+ clinic. I would suggest those under 18 attending if they have ID to bring it to prove eligibility.

Renata

Below is the updated information for vaccination and testing:

Getting Southwark vaccinated ? local walk-in centres

Vaccination walk-in centres are continuing to operate across the borough in the coming weeks. The list of locations is updated regularly, so please check the website of the South East London CCG for the latest information. Second doses are only offered at least eight weeks after the first dose. You do not need proof of address, immigration status, or an NHS number for any of these clinics, though it?s helpful if you can provide proof of age if you look younger than 18.

? Guy?s Hospital, London Bridge

Monday to Sunday, 8am to 7pm. Ages 16+: Pfizer, both doses.

Ages 18+: Moderna, both doses.

Monday and Thursday, 8am to 7pm. Ages 40+: AstraZeneca, Second doses only.

? King?s College Hospital, Denmark Hill

Monday to Sunday, 8.30am to 11.30am and 12.30pm to 5pm. Ages 18+: Pfizer, both doses.

? Artesian Health Centre, South Bermondsey

Saturday 28 August, Ages 16+: Pfizer, both doses, 8am to 4pm.

AstraZeneca, both doses, 12 - 4pm only.

? Lister Primary Care Centre, Peckham

Saturday 28 August, 9am to 2pm, Ages 40+: AstraZeneca, both doses.

Tuesday 31 August, 9am-6pm, Ages 16+: Pfizer, both doses.

Saturday 4 September, 9am-1.30pm, Ages 16+: Pfizer, both doses.

? Tessa Jowell Health Centre, East Dulwich

Sunday 29 August, 9am to 1.30pm

Wednesday 1 September, 12pm to 7.30pm

Thursday 2 September, 9am to 1.30pm

Age 16+: Pfizer vaccine, both doses.

? Medica Pharmacy, Bermondsey

Every Sunday in August, 10am to 3pm. Ages 18-39: Pfizer vaccine, both doses. Ages 40+: AstraZeneca vaccine, both doses.

? Fourway Pharmacy, Herne Hill

Throughout August, Monday to Friday 7pm to 9pm and Sunday 12pm to 4pm. Ages 40+: AstraZeneca vaccine, both doses.

South East London CCG has created a website answering common questions people may have about the vaccine: https://www.nhsvaccinefacts.com/information.

COVID-19 tests (PCR tests)

There are three full COVID-19 test sites in Southwark: Bel Air Park car park in Dulwich, Walworth Square on Walworth Road, and Burgess Park car park. There is also an additional mobile testing centre operating from Deal Porter Square, 21 Surrey Quays Rd, Rotherhithe, SE16 7AR.

These test sites are for people who have symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been advised to take a PCR test, for example people who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. These tests should be booked through the national Test and Trace system at https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119 (7am-11pm).

COVID-19 rapid testing (for people who do not have symptoms)

There are two rapid (lateral flow) testing centres in Southwark: at the council building on Bournemouth Road, Peckham, and at London Bridge station (St Thomas street entrance). Residents can also collect tests from local libraries or order tests to be delivered to their homes. Additionally, key workers can also get tested at some local pharmacies. A mobile testing van is also operating in the borough.

People who leave home regularly are encouraged to get tested up to twice a week ? even if you?ve been vaccinated. Tests are free and can be booked here: https://southwark.bookingv.co.uk/, although walk-in tests are usually available.

Support for those having to self-isolate

Residents may be able to apply for financial help if they have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace. More information on who is eligible and how to apply is available on our website https://www.southwark.gov.uk/benefits-and-support/test-and-trace-support-payments

The two teens turned away weren?t because of Id but because they had been told not to take anymore walk-ins...the same people seemed to be doing appointments and walk-ins...but thanks for feeding back. My son is very anxious about needles and usually faints....so he had overcome quite a bit turning up, by the time we got to Guys he had a lot more fear....but glad to say he overcame it and didn?t faint :) - but it?s important that walk-ins are just that ...

Yes, i too was turned away, even though it had said on southwark nhs websit walk-in was from 9am last wednesday. I got there at 9am and me and about 12 others turned away as they said they will run out of vaccine and only seeing the ones with appointments... walk-ins should be just that as some people to even turn up due to anxiety (etc) is a big thing.

> Vaccination walk-in centres are continuing to

> operate across the borough in the coming weeks.

> The list of locations is updated regularly,

> so please check the website of the South East

> London CCG for the latest information.

Which is https://selondonccg.nhs.uk/what-we-do/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine/pop-up-clinics/.

I'm not sure from the above whether this particular web page is quickly updated to reflect changes such as temporary shortage of vaccine. So reports here of any more observed disparities could be helpful.