Southwark Vaccination - immuno suppressed.

gabys1st

Southwark Vaccination - immuno suppressed.

The letter is from South Southwark Primary Care Network Vac. Service

It's asking if you have children in the 12-15 year old age group and advising they get jabbed.

I am wondering if this is a round robin or have hit the list of immuno supressed which according to immunologist I am! .

I'm immuno suppressed and haven't had that letter, however as I've scarcely had any post for weeks it will probably arrive in a few months' time, if it ever does.

But it may be that it is only going out to people in the age group likely to have children of that age, which I'm not (granchildren yes, children no!)

No formal announcement yet but press speculation is that all over 50s will receive a third (booster) vaccine by Christmas, starting with over 70s and targeting approximately a 6 month interval from the second vaccine being administered. I am assuming that those clinically vulnerable who were in the first wave (if under 70) will also be included in that new first wave, but those details haven't been disclosed (neither have they about key, e.g. NHS, staff). I am over 70 and anticipating an October jab, based on that.

• 3 weeks later...
Just catching up on this. I am on immunosuppressants and also got contacted. I also had a text to book mu booster jab, which I did and was then miraculously cancelled with no explanation. I have not had another text to rebook in 2 weeks. Has anyone else had the opportunity to book a booster at Tessa Jowell?

If you are immunosuppressed - double check whether it?s a third jab or booster that you are meant to get. I was getting confused with messaging from the government about a month ago, because third jab/booster sounds like same thing but it isn?t. Without knowing the deep ins and outs, I can only tell that whenever I do get called, I?ve to refer to my conditions website and a pre templated letter they have prepared, to say get a third jab (think measurements are different to booster). I also had an email from a study I was in, saying to get a third jab.

• 2 weeks later...
In my meanderings today I found this page from the College of Physicians https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/guidelines-policy/covid-19-vaccination-people-who-are-severely-immunosuppressed-third-primary-dose which usefully makes clear the distinction between the the third primary dose offered to the severely immunosuppressed and the booster offered to the rest of us, much as muffins78 says. I suppose it doesn't rule out the possibility of you folk being offered your own booster, further down the line, though I suspect that future vaccination plans for all of us are still very much in the air, and dependent on whatever emerges from ongoing research and monitoring.