Welcome, Guest!

The East Dulwich Forum is an online community to discuss anything and everything about SE22. We were established all the way back in 2006! You can find more information about us here.

It looks like you're not registered. If you want to sign up, please click this link.

Bawdale Road loft extension - aargh!

Discuss life in London's East Dulwich. Talk about local restaurants, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning, it's up to you
Boscombe

A plea to the person having a loft extension built on Bawdale Road, which according to the planning docs is the householder: please could you ask your builders to desist from working on a bank holiday. I have tried phoning the SOuthwark noise team but was waiting on hold for a reply for 40 minutes. So I just went round there (I live on Whateley in a house that backs onto the building site) and tried shouting to your workmen from the street but they either ignored me or couldn't hear me because of the noise they're making. They have consistently ignored the Southwark construction hours regs over the past few weeks and I am losing my patience!!
Sue

Note through the door? Find out what company the workmen are from and complain to them?

If they are consistently ignoring regs, report them to the relevant council department (not noise).

It's possible the owners are away and not aware of all this?

Hope you find some way to stop it, building work noise is a nightmare anyway without having it on bank holidays as well.
Boscombe

Sue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note through the door? Find out what company the
> workmen are from and complain to them?
>
> If they are consistently ignoring regs, report
> them to the relevant council department (not
> noise).
>
> It's possible the owners are away and not aware of
> all this?
>
> Hope you find some way to stop it, building work
> noise is a nightmare anyway without having it on
> bank holidays as well.

There is banner up outside with the company's number on, but it connected to what sounded like an office answerphone - I suspect I won't get any response to that message before Monday at the earliest.

I have now got through to the noise team but am waiting for a call back. Hopefully that happens before the builders pack up for the day.
singalto

I have the same problem in my road: builders using power tools in the street for hours today!
jazzer

Try Building Control at LB Southwark

Sue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note through the door? Find out what company the
> workmen are from and complain to them?
>
> If they are consistently ignoring regs, report
> them to the relevant council department (not
> noise).
>
> It's possible the owners are away and not aware of
> all this?
>
> Hope you find some way to stop it, building work
> noise is a nightmare anyway without having it on
> bank holidays as well.