Last Monday afternoon (June 26th) outside of Barclays Bank

Seabag

Someone backed a Range Rover into the rear door of my Black VW LWB (parked) Transporter Combi-Van

Accidents happen, but driving off after one is a bit cnutish. There's about ?1,000 worth of damage to repair.

I informed the Police and they checked the CCTV which shows the Range Rover hitting my vehicle, only you can't see the number plate.

It's a shame and I hope the person in the offending vehicle gets shat on from a great height soon. However, if by chance you saw it, please let me know.

clockworkorange Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You've probably asked around, but any other cctv

> from neighbouring shops, the traffic lights etc

> available?

>

> Must have reversed pretty hard to do that mch

> damage. As you say, what a ....

>

> Good luck and hope the universe evens the score

I wish anyone well, even this crappy driver. But it's also annoying as the doors on a VW are sexy but expensive. But if I explore all the possibilities, then I can let it go.

Im waiting for M&S to come good right now. But we know its a black Range Rover thus far.

Was it a smoked glass windowed RR (drug dealer) or clear glass (yummy mummy). Yes I am stereotyping but there is a reason we stereotype as these are often based in some way on fact.

It's a shitty thing to do and as you say some celestial being will ensure they suffer in return. I've had incidents when people have at least kindly left a note - although one anecdote was "I am only leaving a note because people are watching and I am not leaving my number".

There is a collection of drug dealer cars near me - would this have left damage on the RR? I've got some good links to 'official sources of information' (legal I hasten to add) but black range rover is a bit broad.

I reported someone smashing into a parked car in Wales in a pub car park once, and was stunned as nobody else wsa bothered. The pub said "oh that is so and so he's been banned". Got the number though. Shame that there was not a witness.

Before anyone accuses me of double standards community forum are good for this sort of thing, rather than people just whinging. We had a kid's bike stolen ourside the house once, and someone advised me to put notices on lamp posts in teh are. And it worked, bike had been thrown into a garden by naughty teenagers. Have you thought of putting some notices up at the spot? You can also put one up about karma aimed at the driver. Good luck

I've clocked my first black RR since I've posted, smoked glass windows and a personalised number plate. Taxed and MOT'd (and much older than it looked, those personalised number plates can hide the age very well). No sign of collision damage but I'll keep my eye out. Not sure if my earlier comments were fair on RR drivers or it could be Land Rover Discoveries which also commonly come in black.

Anyway whilst I may sound facetious I do hope that something comes to light.