Best place for Cake

moak

Can anyone tell me the best place to get a slice of cake please? My usual cafe of choice has gone downhill. Drastically! My cake of choice is chocolate or a coffee and walnut! All suggestions gratefully received. Am about to go on maternity leave!

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Franklins farm shop. Just inside on the left, there's often a delicious chocolate Guinness cake in there.

Or Cafe Jade. For a more earnest bun type cake try Brickhoues or go around the corner to Blackbird.

In Forest Hill try Canvas & Cream or Aga's Deli on Dartmouth rd.

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If youre mobile then call into Alexander Nurseries

> in Penge

>

> Coffee shop + cake is great.

Shocking service when we went to buy some plants, they were too busy talking to people saying "oh it is so wonderful in this area, we hadn't realised" Thought it was an extention of Lordship Lane and so so close just to saying sod your plants, we'll go to Homebase instead.

Cakes may be great but if you want a nice independent gargen centre go to the one near to Nunhead Sation.

Funny, I thought it would be a bit arsey to start a thead about the place on this site, but you have prompted me to give me my views in any case.

And yes I did share my views with the person serving. By all means have a chat about Nunhead Cemetary and all the green space but perhaps be aware that there is queue forming.

It is a bit slow in Alexander N

But I do like the Nunhead Nursery and it's also very gay. And the gay guys that run it are really into the gardening scene. So lots of attention to detail and great plants.

I have to take my van everytime my other half goes there, as she seems to buy as much stuff as she can muster.

No cake tho, not a crumb. But a cafe there or nearby would do a killing on the weekends.

On a cake tip I did go to the Herne Hill (sunday) Market today, much cakeage going on there. I refrained, but was tempted.

katanita Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How about vegan cake? Struggling to find good

> vegan treats locally. Anyone seen any?

Fashion Conscience boutique has opened a caf? onsite, they may have vegan as it follows the ethic? Grove Vale SE22