Police and Southern Trains Goons at Herne Hill Station

eater81

What's with the presence at HH station over the last couple of days? Today I counted 6 police and four boneheaded goons.

The thing is you can spot the cop's bright yellow outfits as soon as you come down the stairs, about 10m before you get to them and certainly far enough off to turn round without them seeing you. Any fare dodger worth his salt would just turn round and do one!

The fact that 3 of the cops were stood leaning against the wall chatting to each other and not even looking at the fiasco that was occurring illustrates just how much of a waste of time this was.

A complete and utter waste of taxpayers' money. Whichever inept idiot that is responsible for orchestrating this shambolic operation deserves nothing more than demotion to a job more suited to their intellectual capabilities.

eater81 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's with the presence at HH station over the

> last couple of days?

Er, catching fare evaders?

> A complete and utter waste of taxpayers' money.

Am I on the eastdulwichforum or the comments section of the Daily Mail website?

Did you read my post? Operations to catch fare evaders are fair enuff, but when they are conducted in the way this one was / is,i.e. broadcasting their presence from a long way off allowing fare evaders the chance to turn round and escape un-noticed,THEN they become a complete waste of police time and taxpayers money.