St Andrews - the home of Golf

Mick Mac

I'm playing golf at St Andrews this weekend. Which for me is fulfilling a major ambition.

Golfers are fortunate in that they can play on the same hallowed turf where the big events are played. So in an ideal world, at what sporting mecca would you like to play your favourite sport?.....

(As an aside - Anyone who knows St Andrews well, any tips on good bars / restaurants and playing the course itself, gratefully received. :))

I hope to one day play the World Series of Poker (WSOP) Main Event in Vegas....no qualifying needed, no handicap, no talent required just $25k to buy in and you could be sitting at a table with Phil Ivey or Doyle Brunson....(or Vikki Coren if you're a perv....although you can do that at the Vic in Edgware Road far cheaper)

But its new course tomorrow and the famous old course on Monday so hope it might have warmed up by then. wrote Mick Mac.

This is the south arctic you're talking about Mick, scratch any ideas about warmth

and keep a couple of flourescent orange balls nearby just in case of snow!

Ps. a pair of mink-lined plus-fours might be a good investment,

as you're up there.

After uploading my golf pics to facebook last night I awoke to hear on the radio that Kate Middleton has rushed to St Andrews to see the great man in action.

Yes regalia, it was absolutely freezing. 5 degress but feels like -1 sort of weather. And strong winds on sunday.

I wore a tshirt, a golf shirt, a normal jumper, a wind proof lined jumper and a waterproof top. 5 layers. Who ate all the pies.

Went onto the road on the Road Hole and into the "Valley of Sin" on the 18th, all the tourist traps.