Technophobe

Dee Woffaz

Im having mobile boradband issues!(6) So far i have a 3 dongle a Vodaphone Dongle and now an o2 dongle, i do know i live in a mobile blackspot but i can even load the latter 2!!! Does anyone know or is anyone a bit of a computer wizz, geek, nerd, in the nicest possible way, with respect etc. Please, im willing to pay i just work long hours and am unable to get my laptop to anywhere during the week during business hours.

One thing i have found is that trying a different USB port on your computer can rectify loading issues if it's not being recognised. do the dongles work in other areas?

I have a 3 mifi and find it works in loads of places and the good thing about it is that you can see on it's indicator what the signal strength is like and just attach too it like any wireless modem so you can leave it in a room that has better coverage etc

I have a 3 dongle and use it all the time as I have no land line. When it refuses to load I have sometimes had to unplug it and restart the laptop (a pain but it worked).

When you unplug the dongle you will hear three alert sounds (depends on what your set up is but on my laptop they are a kind of 'gudunk' sound), wait for these before plugging back in then you will hear three more at slightly different pitch. Look at the light on the dongle and do not attempt to open if the light is green - wait for it to turn blue - as this will result in a failed loading/start up.

The more you use it the more you will get used to having to stop mid-session and unplug then replug your dongle whenever the signal drops out. Another tip is to always use the wire rather than plug dongle into usb port direct - this helps reception.