Monday afternoons with toddler

I have my 2 year old and 3 month old on Mondays. By this time of day I need to get out, but struggle to find somewhere for a latte for me, tea for no 1 and a comfy chair to feed no 2. Any ideas? Needs to be open til 5pm I guess and ideally walkable (in ED). I go to the Clockhouse a lot but need an alternative really!

Exactly! Everywhere shuts at 4pm, and I would actually rather stay in for lunch (as its nap straight after) as at midday I still have a grasp on my sanity (not a firm one mind you!). By 330pm we just need to get out - its a long haul til bed/Daddy returns.

There must be somewhere out there open til 5pm willing to put up with us?? It's obviously not just me! :0)

Thanks! Rocca is great, we most weekends. The staff are amazing - best in SE London with kids. Blackbird is a great shout! Never knew it was open that late. We often go up to Dulwich library but no tea options there - right that's my next venture - thanks. Keep em coming though - no such thing as too many options

Undiscovered Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We often go up to Dulwich library but

> no tea options there

There is a nice cafe in Christchurch, across Lordship Lane from Dulwich Library. It has toys in a little play area for the children and serves hot food as well as tea/coffee/some homemade biscuits etc.

How hard is it to set up a playgroup in a church hall for instance? My toddler isnt so good with confined spaces!! I'd quite like to organise a late afternoon playgroup just one day a week... Hmmm! I will ask around I suppose.

Sometimes I realize that I actually feel more stressed in a cafe because I'm worried about what the other people think about babies!

I shall have a look around and maybe start a new thread if I find somewhere suitable...

I will give that bread of life cafe a go in the meantime!

Xx