The sanitary pad revolution

I can't believe he did all that. As a woman I couldn't do that but a man in a country where it is never talked about and therefore something he really had no comprehension of, then there's the personal sacrifice for no personal gain ....amazing.

And bless him he didn't know periods were monthly....he is quite proud that he was "uneducated" at school he believes it alows him greater access to the even poorer villagers

And when he said his proudest moment was when a mum called and told him her daughter is now at school (after he went and got a little factory going with women earning money to be able to afford to send their kids to school)....i shed a few tears here at work!

"70% of reproductive diseases in India are caused by poor menstrual hygiene"

"23% of girls drop our of education once they start menstrusting"

His aim is also to create 1 million jobs for poor women and millions more once he expands worldwide.

He also wants to break the taboos and numerous myths around menstruation that are so harmful to women and in turn their children.

I know I am just repeating what you have already read in the article but I am still in disbelief as to how far he went for others when it would have been so easy to ignore it in his circumstances and the massive impact he has had.

The last paragraph, as quoted by mariababe, says it all.

He's a modern day hero for women's health, education, liberation and empowerment, all intrinsically linked.