What is the going rate for babysitters round here?

I appreciate it is bound to vary hugely but a rough guide would be very helpful! For example what would people pay a 15 year old (daughter of a friend) as opposed to CRB checked experienced nanny? (Little one will already be asleep and rarely wakes so nothing to actually do other than just be there!)

I have two babysitters.

One, a wonderful teenager who lives next door gets ?5. But I only ever use her when I am going local, when my little one is sound asleep on arrival and I'm home between 11 and midnight.

If I need someone to put him to bed, am going anywhere that isn't within walking distance and there's a chance I might be home after midnight I use a CRB checked experienced childminder and pay ?8 an hour.

So different needs/ expectation and levels of risk matching differences in pay.

Similar here. Teenage neighbour ?5 per hour, but for local nights out only once the children are settled for the night. We use a fabulous local nanny for late nights, or very occasional whole days out (we are going to the cricket tomorrow and she's looking after our 3 for the whole day). We pay her ?10 an hour. She is able to put the kids to bed, give them dinner etc.