We have a fun study running at Goldsmiths this Summer for children between 6 and 11 years of age

Throughout the Summer holidays we are running a study which is open to children between 6 and 11 years of age. The study is presented as a game in which children are asked to indicate which of four rockets flashed to show that it was running out of fuel. Children place their fingertips onto vibrating pads, which vibrate when the rockets are ready to ?launch?.

Participation in this study will help us to build on our understanding of how children use tactile stimuli to direct their attention. We are interested in what this can tell us about how children keep track of events in the world in relation to their own bodies.

Children are rewarded for participation with stickers, a bookmark and a certificate.

Participation in this study requires a single visit of around 40 minutes to the InfantLab (at Goldsmiths College, University of London, New Cross).

If you have a child within this age range who might be interested in participating then please email ([email protected]) to find out more or book a slot.

Just to say I've taken both of my kids to the infantlab for studies, most recently my nearly 4yr old who was v excited to be going to university!

The team there are lovely. Their able to arrange parking for you if you went to drive over & typically won't be there more than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
We participated in this study today and my kids had a great time. It also worked out that my 2.5 year old could take part in another study while we were there, and (despite refusing to speak) she had a lovely time too. Will definitely be signing up for future research studies, it was fascinating.