Vegetarian sandwich options

Hi all

I am sorting out my son's 4th birthday party at the moment and one of his friends is a vegetarian. I'm looking for something a bit more interesting than a cheese sandwich, but which I could give to all of the guests rather than start making individual 'orders'. Most of the options I've seen online seem a bit elaborate for a 4 year old. Does anyone have any ideas they could share? As simple as possible would be good, and no cooking as I'll have enough to do on the day as it is!

Thanks

xx

For a birthday party for 4 year olds I'd keep it very simple and serve cheese or jam sandwiches. You never know how fussy an eater they are. You could try egg salad sandwiches or cream cheese & cucumbers but not all kids like them. My non meat eating child won't eat cream cheese, humous, etc.

It might not look like the considered option for a veggie child, but Nutella? We have it once or twice a week, and funnily enough the dietician advised me (no really!) to give it to my peanut allergic son. Or cashew nut spread might be nice, or even mix the two together for a protein hit.

My grandchildren when little loved dips (cream cheese and chive) hummus, with breadsticks, crisps, carrot sticks, sliced cucumber, red peppers. Rarely ate sandwiches at parties as had them for packed lunches. Cubes of cheese were another favourite. bananas, Satsuma segments, apple slices etc - if you want to splash out have a chocolate dip.

my veggie 4 yo would only eat cheese (at a push) or jam. If there's just the one veggie why not ask his mum what he would eat? Miss Oi has been given cheese or jam at every party we've been to, either specifically for her or as part of a mixture of sandwiches on offer.

You could do mini hotdogs with those vegetarian sausages. I have done this before and on the whole were eaten by all. (Squirt of ketchup and mostly eaten). But they are mostly only sold by the bigger supermarkets, (bitter lesson learned as I raced around trying to find some the day before a party!)

cheese sandwhich with tomato is delicous. you can also use those vegeterian sausages with cheese and I also sometimes put some crisp inside learned that from some south american friends they always seem to put crisp on their hot dogs or sandwiches. + you can add ketchup and mayo or any sauce you like.

I can't claim credit, my daughter was given sandwiches with bright blue / pink / green / yellow filling at a bouncy castle party in CP Park. I thought it was pretty cool, because they just look so bad for them, but aren't really.