Weaning and painful breasts

My son is almost 18 months and I have just stopped breastfeeding. He was only having one feed at around 3 or 4am so it wasn't a sudden stop but this is day 5 and my breasts are still enormous, hard, lumpy and painful. I've been taking ibuprofen but it doesn't have much impact. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it last? Anything I can do to make it less painful? Thank you!

Very unofficial advice, and I'm not at all a medical professional - but pseudoephedrine, the active ingredient in Sudafed, has an impact on supply, and might help to make you more comfortable. See a doctor sharpish if you have any fever or if the breast becomes hot to touch, or red. Mastitis can come on very quickly.

Ugh, had this with my first when I stopped bfing. I took nurofen, stood under a hot shower as others have said and expressed a tiny amount, just enough to take the edge off the pain without encouraging production. I had big lumps too and I took a hot flannel while standing in the shower and kneaded and massaged the lumps loads which really hurt but did get rid of the blockages..