Looking for sun this winter. Where to go?

SuperNanny

South Africa - the flights are pricey but weather is lovely.

Food and drink is v cheap once you are out there.

Cape Tape, Constantia, Franchoek, Stellenbosch all lovely - not sure how family friendly but you can fly overnight on A Friday and be there Sat morning and fly back on a Sat evening and have the Sunday to recover...

Its very chilled out.

I would always recommend going south or east rather than west - the jet lag going to Mexico or the Caribbean can be brutal for very young ones! Might just be because mine aren't great sleepers, but I always find that the first week is pretty horrible with them waking up at 3 am for the day, which isn't really what you want on a holiday!

We had a really good holiday in February in Dubai this year, would go back and was quite unsure about it before I went but it was a lovely temperature and limited jet lag for all, we all ate together for meals (we had a 3 and 20mo t the time) and they slept until 9 for the first couple of days (unheard of in this household).

Would agree with Gooders79. Dubai is hard to beat in terms of manageable flight length, manageable time difference and guaranteed winter sunshine. If you're not fussed about Dubai itself, stay on the palm for a fly-n-flop beachy holiday - you could be anywhere tropical: Have a look at this place https://smithandfamily.co.uk/child-friendly-hotels/anantara-dubai-the-palm-resort-and-spa