Pools with wave machines, slides etc

On Sunday we went to Wavelengths Deptford. For a pool that just had a renovation a couple years ago, some parts were not in a great condition, particularly the lockers and poolside changing. But, the water was clean and not cold.

There are two big slides for older children and a small slide for younger children. There are also waves and a bubble fountain. During wave session, the parent-child ratio is very low. BeSt to call if you're uncertain. Their website is notoriously incomplete. You need to bring your own floats etc.

There's also a cafe, and soft play. xx

On Friday we ended up going to glamorous gravesend :) and went to the cascades pool there... Two big slides - my 5 year old loved one but was too scared to try the other, & 1 baby slide which my 3 year old loved. Waves every 30 minutes. Nice big pool but was v rammed and v heavy on the chlorine - tho I assume that both of these are because it was school hols... So all in all not bad but still a 50 min drive away... Will need to try wavelengths for comparison but I had heard that it all a bit grubby there..

Whenever I see someone asking this question I feel all nostalgic for the early 90s when there was one in Dartford and one in Croydon with loads of slides, waves, floaty river in rubber rings and the like. Had great times at both with my mates as a kid.

Croydon Water Palace

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croydon_Water_Palace

Dartford Fantaseas (much better or the 2 and had outdoor pool in the summer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantaseas

Happy days