Hyperlexia and hypernumeracy

I would recommend that you seek an official diagnosis/assessment from a educational psychologist (you'll almost certainly have to go private) and take it from there. It's always best to get expert advice and a proper diagnosis if you suspect any atypical developmental issues that concerns you. It's really easy to misjudge things as a parent and a lay-person.

Thanks. Hypernumeracy is not well known in this country. The automatic assessment by professionals for my child was autism but I don't think this is correct. I know that medical officials often are the experts but I also am very confident in my own knowledge of my child and very often mummy knows best.

Hyperlexia and hypernumeracy aren't official diagnoses in their own right, and are given only as part of an ASD diagnosis in the UK if mentioned at all. Hence my comment that you would need to get a private assessment. You can then ask for any care plan to be adjusted to mention hyperlexia and hypernumeracy, and work with your child's SEN providers at school to incorporate provision for that diagnosis.