GP recommendations

Hi,

We have recently moved to East Dulwich and are looking to register to a GP Practice, especially for our baby girl. I guess choices are 306 Lordship Lane and Melbourne Grove Medical Centre. Can anyone recommend one or the other or an alternative as I have seen online reviews on both weren't great.

Also, can you suggest a Doctor who is good with babies?

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated!

Melbourne Grove is good in my view. Not the best but had had worse! Have always got a same day appointment when needed. Receptionists hit and miss but doctors and nurses ok. Dr Love is as lovely as you'd hope and great with kids if you can get him (you can book in advance with him if it's non-urgent).

I've only been here a year and was put off by bad reviews on Melbourne Grove (plus not actually sure if they'd have me in catchment area) but I am tempted to jump ship (currently 306 medical centre) as have found it fairly tricky to get a quick appointment - I rang up wanting to see gp about some pregnancy related symptoms and you have to expect a week - a week and a half wait unless you bypass with a call to 111!

I also found at 306 in my last appointment i felt like I was being rushed out from the moment I got in - to the point that next patient opened the door on us as doc had obviously pressed button to tell them to come up because she was finished with me (when i hadn't finished talking and had only been 5 mins max)

I think it's probably going to be similar in scenario in most of the surgery's round here though, since there are so many people and NHS under so much pressure.

I agree that 306 can sometimes feel a bit rushed. However, they've always been very good at squeezing in my children for appointments, especially when they were very young. They were also quick to give me a telephone appointment when I had possible miscarriage symptoms and they couldn't fit me in. The receptionist is nice too which is always a plus!