Invited people for dinner - can?t cook

Help! I have invited some good friends for dinner in the next couple of weeks. All good. Apart from one minor thing. I cant cook. At all. What do I do? Any fool proof ideas out there? Or any of these home cooked delivery firms that will deliver and I can pass it off as my own? Although chances are I would own up within 5 minutes.

I don?t need to impress these people, it is nothing like that. But they are women that are really good friends and I want to treat them to a nice time. They mean a lot to me so i want to make sure they have a nice time. Oh and they are organic market, local produce types that just ?pop out for apricots for this evenings tajine?.

I thought tangerine was an instrument!

Help!

Go cold. Avoid cooking altogether and do assembling instead. Get a carton of gazpacho, good bread with olive oil and balsamic for dipping, some good Spanish ham, olives, anchovies, etc. Nibbles and starter done. Get some dressed crabs from Moxons. Make a good salad. Provide the same olive oil and balsamic as a dressing. Buy a tart au citron or whatever and some single cream (organic if you like). If you're pushing the boat our even further a cheese selection and a bottle of dessert wine / good sherry / port. No actual cooking involved.

Bring everyone over to us - We run group cooking sessions. Its a lot of fun! Everyone learns to cook. At the end we give you special boxes to take the food home or enjoy in our garden of a Grade II listed building. The garden is small but very cosy and comfortable.

Just something very different - Just pick what you want to cook. Did an Indian Street Food for a group and they loved it. kitchenskills.co.uk take a look at what we do.

Farah

• 3 weeks later...
tomskip, just saw your comment :) We eat pretty well at home, we don't starve, despite me not being very able in the kitchen. I can obviously boil veg and bung a chicken in the oven type thing. What I meant with my post was that in the context of a dinner party where I wanted to treat a group of good friends (who are all pretty damn good at cooking themselves) to a nice bit of food and a nice time, I felt my skills didn't live up to what I wanted to be able to do for them. Or so I thought. All sorted now with abit of pasta. Went well