Anyone flown with a bugaboo chameleon carrycot?

Hi

We're taking a short flight from gatwick this week and I want to take the carrycot since my baby uses this for naps during day. Has anyone had any issues taking this bit of the pram on flights? Worried it'll get wrecked or the airline want to charge extra since it doesn't collapse down like the chassis.

Hi

We have flown with ours a number of times, we were never charged extra but were also concerned about the airline wrecking it, particularly as it is not attached to the frame, so got the Bugaboo wheeled transport bag. A bit pricey, but worth it, as they really protect it. You might be able to find a website that does next day delivery.

Vickster

Hi ya!

Not too sure this will help but my hubby and I flew a couple of times with our little one but opted for a cheaper stroller as a travel pram for the same reason...I was worried my brand new SX and carry cot (which can be flat packed)will get wrecked when loaded onto the plane. We flew BA and saw a few carry cots at the airport which meant that people happily travel with them however seeing the state of our pram at the other end...glad we didn't ;(

We too used the travel bag several times for the chameleon and carry cot and didn't have any problems. It's just classified as oversized luggage. Our son also slept well in the cot so was well worth taking on the few long haul flights we dragged it on. Good luck.

Yes bugaboo transport bag fits frame/chassis and carry cot. The carry cot has to be flattened. My husband practiced once to get the hang of it before going to the airport and having to do it under duress. It fits quite snuggly around the larger wheels, but the bag is generous enough to carry other bits and bobs as well.