Who is the resident cloth nappy guru these days?!?

Having used full time cloth with my first, I failed miserably with baby 2 - now 19m. He's probably got at least a yr left in napiies and I was thinking of trying to go back, but expect the nappy world has moved on! Basically I want a really slim velcro nappy that can either use disposable inserts or v easy to put paper liners in. I'm not scraping poo off!! Any advice?

We used Bumgenius v3 or v4 pocket nappies with Bambino Mio disposable liners for baby #1 and #2. I can only think of a handful of times that I've had to scrape poo off a nappy, and only then if I've missed the poo happening and it has been sat on (yuck!).

I would avoid velcro for a 19 month old if I were you. My one velco nappy is now completely redundant after the ease of removal was discovered. Would agree on Bungenius though, but I really would go for poppers! My favourite for my 15 month old is the organic ones.

http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/194bumgenius_organic_elementals.asp?item=Bumgenius%20Organic%20Single

I use Ultra Liners, have tried others but these have been the best for me. I have some fleece ones and poo does tend to just plop off them, but cannot guarantee that :).

For slimness some people like flips, but these for me are confined to bedtime with the lovely organic insert rather than the stay dry, as I didnt think the slim stay dries cut it, but others swear by them and they work out really cheap!! http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/SearchResults.asp

Tots bots easyfits come in poppers or velcro these days. They are very slim, but don't come up particularly long I believe if your little one is tall. They are made in the UK which is why I go them as opposed to bumgenius (for example).

Might be worth filling in the questionnare on the nappylady.co.uk to see what she suggests?

Fillyourpants.co.uk (I think) is a v useful website selling loads of different types of cloth in one place. I use a mix of smartipants and baba and boo nappies with little lambs fleece liners. Never scrape poo, just flick it down the loo. We also now have some training pants for 26 month old though he is showing few signs of potty readiness.

Ok thanks - not too much has changed!! Easyfits were my fave previously and I still have a few bg left so I'll have a try out - need to get some paper liners. I still think velcro as smallest shows no signs of being a nappy escapee but he is a change refusenik and I have to be FAST - I can never get poppers right, just fumble, and there is no time for that with the writhing screaming youngest snowboarder!