tights for little girls with small feet

oimissus

I've struggled with the feet of tights being far too big for Miss Oi, but last year I discovered John Lewis tights which didn't have defined 'feet' (i.e. they had a reinforced toe but no 'heel', so they'd fit any sized foot - does that make sense?). Anyway, I went there to buy some 3-4 yr tights (she's nearly 3 and quite tall for her age, I've been told) - imagine my horror when I saw heels on these tights!! It means that the heel comes quite far up her leg, and the toe is very wide as well so there's a load of extra material.

So, the point of this ridiculously rambling post is - does anyone know where you can get non-heeled tights for a 3 year old?

Thanking you.

H&m have heels I think. Mothercare but they are only 50% cotton so don't feel very nice. My little girl has small feel too but also short legs so always wears a smaller size. I think Gap and Jo Jo do the best tights for little girls but may not work for those with long legs!

Haha, I have this problem with my daughter too although her feet aren't small?! She's nearly 4 and size 8.5 that's normal isn't it? Lol. Anyway she's always worn John Lewis tights, and yes now at this age they are heeled, I hear your woes but we just wear them with the heel slightly popping over her shoes - fashionnnnn. She mostly lives in wellies anyway so it's not so bad but I feel your frustration. Let me know how you get on..

Gap and JoJo both have shaped feet, boo. Also, JoJo are a bit steep aren't they - ?8 for ONE pair of tights??? Yikes.

I need to go to Hennes (sorry, I'm old, I just can't call it H&M) anyway so will check out their tights. I just think it must be so uncomfortable to have a load of extra material bunched up in your shoes.

I don't think 8.5 at nearly 4 is abnormal, is it? I think my niece is the same, though she's very tall, she's been in 4-5 clothes for ages. Miss Oi is 6.5 at nearly 3, if it wasn't for this tights issue I don't think I would know if her feet were small or not!

ah, yes, I've just been looking at M&S and all theirs look shape-free - what's the quality like, reviews online seemed a bit hit and miss? The patterns look great, I love a gaudy tight. The H&M ones that are shape-free are all plain. I bought some Primark ones when she was a baby, they were a bit thin I thought.