Wanted!: Genuine, reliable garage in ED

hannahmc

Hello,

I'm new to London and after having moved from up north, I'm really wanting a new garage to service and MOT our car. I really trusted my last garage, they always went the extra mile and always tried to do the cheapest option on repairs.

Does anyone use one that they'd recommend?? If theres one thing I can't stand its being ripped off with something I know nothing about!!!

Any advice would be greatly received!

Hannah

I would recommend Turners. I've used them a few times, they know their stuff and I didn't feel they were just trying to take my money like some other garages. I have to say we are pretty lucky around here with good honest garages by the looks of it.

I wouldn t recomemnd Turners..

Just moved into the area and I have been suggesd turners for a simple service but they could not set up my car computer yet and is 4 times I go back to them with no success..and...next monday again!Not sure they even try anymore..

I wouldn't recommend Peacocks. I've used them twice and really haven't been happy with their mechanical work and have found them to be slow and aggressive when dealing with queries. On the second occasion I had to get another mechanic to recitify the work they did. However, their coachwork (welding) was absolutely first class.

To be fair this was a few years ago and I may have been unlucky. I now use South London Clutch on Bellenden Road and they are fantastic. By far the friendliest and most reliable garage I've ever used. I have total faith in them.

• 4 weeks later...

i must say that is a bit unfair on peacocks, as you say it was a few years ago ,,i know that there has been some staff changes in the last couple of years i have used then for the last 12 years and have found them to be very good ,and so have lots of my family and friends and not one has had reason to complain.i have my audi booked in for thursday to have a jerking issue sorted and i have every faith in them that they will get to the bottom of it .

ps ,what was the car they was supposed to of done such a bad job on ? ,why not just do what anyone else would of done and took it back for it to be done to your satifaction ?

• 4 weeks later...

I have used Peacocks for over 7 years and have always found the work to be of a very high quality at an extremely reasonable price. The staff are friendly and professional. They are very reliable and get the work done efficiently and quickly. I have recommended them frequently to family, friends and neighbours and their experience mirrors mine.

I always use them for servicing and any other jobs that need doing. I have just had some body work done to an incredibly high standard - the car looks better than it did before the prang! Absolutely no complaints about these guys whatsoever.

Dinnage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have used Peacocks for over 7 years and have

> always found the work to be of a very high quality

> at an extremely reasonable price. The staff are

> friendly and professional. They are very reliable

> and get the work done efficiently and quickly. I

> have recommended them frequently to family,

> friends and neighbours and their experience

> mirrors mine.

>

> I always use them for servicing and any other jobs

> that need doing. I have just had some body work

> done to an incredibly high standard - the car

> looks better than it did before the prang!

> Absolutely no complaints about these guy> whatsoever.

I have used Peacocks for 30 years still do. Must say something about their worth. Father, son and now his son

• 7 years later...
Just used Peacocks in Chadwick rd for the first time and I am very pleasantly surprised. I was used to garages wanting to squeeze as much money as possible and to drum up extras after you bring the car in. Well, this one is like the garages we had in the good old days. Honest, reliable and trustworthy. I had a couple of of quotes for the work before I came to them and I was quoted double of their price. After googling them and reading the feedback it was a no brainer who to go to. The work was completed on time and the damage I had on my car has disappeared. All good & highly recommended.