THANKS to PAWEL at UKComputers, my Laptop WILL NOW connect to Internet!

PeckhamRose

For the first time BT have given up on me. Laptop was working this morning no problem. Can someone recommend help? Toshiba laptop. Reliable. Loved. But all BT woman did was try and uninstall then reinstall TCP IP v4 and v6 but still not joy. Recommendations for a laptop doctor gratefully received. Thanks. (Sent from my Tablet!)

Edited to add that thanks to Pawel at UKComputers, he fixed it. Hoorah! AND it's a guaranteed fix for 60 days.

what a stupid comment with norton !!

how do you know its a norton ?!!

stupid

simply troubleshoot connection and tell us what does it say

then everyone (who knows what is doing) can find the answer and fix the problem within minutes

ps.

there can be few factors

faulty internet browser

wrong setup

disconnected or faulty network card

firewalled connection

administrator access not allowed

or few other things

BUT NOT ANTIVIRUS GOODNESS SAKE

obviously the guy doesn't know what is he talking about

but good luck to you if you try him

all the best

gino1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what a stupid comment with norton !!

> how do you know its a norton ?!!

> stupid

>

> simply troubleshoot connection and tell us what

> does it say

> then everyone (who knows what is doing) can find

> the answer and fix the problem within minutes

>

> ps.

> there can be few factors

> faulty internet browser

> wrong setup

> disconnected or faulty network card

> firewalled connection

> administrator access not allowed

> or few other things

>

> BUT NOT ANTIVIRUS GOODNESS SAKE

>

> obviously the guy doesn't know what is he talking

> about

> but good luck to you if you try him

>

> all the best

xxxxxxx

How rude :(

He does know what he's talking about because Netquest have always solved my computer problems quickly and at a reasonable price. the last time when I couldn't get onto my computer due to a virus, he sorted it out for me when others had helpfully tried before him.

I'd give him a try PeckhamRose.

Hi all, l was sure l had pretty much explained everything in my opening post. Netquest thanks for your help. Not Norton as l replied. But another company person is coming over to fix it. He got to me before you and if hecan not do it, l will go to you. TCP/IP V4. That's my problem. Nothing else. Gino1 your offer to help told me nothing about you. Others gave me their skills and background and thus confidence. Just sayin'. Rose