Wanted:qualified beauticians/massage therapists/hairdressors

Hi there,

I work for Changing Faces, a charity for people affected by disfigurement and I'm currently looking for volunteers to help us with a special workshop.

Beauty Inside Out workshop is a one day event and is our most popular therapeutic group event. It is exclusively for women with a disfigurement who wish to explore their appearance concerns in a safe environment. The workshop usually has between 10-12 participants, and will take place this year on Saturday 14th June at our Central London offices.

While the workshop is an all-day event, we are looking for volunteers to help us from 12:30-5pm.

The aim of the workshop is to create a space in which women feel able to share how they cope with the challenge of living with an unusual appearance in an appearance-focused society. It is about considering how we use aspects of appearance including body language to communicate how we want to ?come across?, addressing aspects of appearance we can control and those we can?t. Thinking positively about appearance is something that people with a visible difference can often find quite challenging and the workshop aims to give them the opportunity to play and have fun experimenting with their appearance in this safe and supportive setting.

We'd like to offer mini-sessions (30 mins per participant) with each professional volunteer (potentially you).

We are inviting a maximum of 5 professionals from different appearance/body focused disciplines (for example hair dressing, make-up, stylist, massage therapy, body language & movement, etc) who will give their time for individual 20-30 minute sessions with the participants during the afternoon. We are able to cover expenses and can offer a small fee for your services, but always gratefully accept any pro bono work offered.

For more information about Changing Faces please have a look at our website at www.changingfaces.org.uk,

If you are interested in offering your service for Beauty Inside and Out or would like further information please email me at [email protected] or you can also speak to Matt Austin, our team assistant on 020 7391 9282.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

With best wishes

Emily Wheeler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was today, 03:43pm by lordshiplass.