Stella C - credit notes

newellrach

Just lost ?69 at Stella C so wanted to warn others of their returns policy so it doesn't happen again. They adhere to a 6 month time frame with the credit note and then the money becomes 'theirs'. I'm surprised they care so little about their customers. Its hardly likely to lead to customer loyalty. I would recommend you only buy something you are certain about keeping from this shop.

Hi,

Is Carolina from Stella C , it has been failed to mention that the credit note was issued on the 21st of November 2012 and off which I extended in two occasions , this allowed purchase time of fourteen months and my policy states six months.

I feel I have been accommodating and understanding and always try to put my customers first .

Carolina

Stella C

It seems the majority of the folks commenting seem to be missing the point. ?69 was paid and nothing was received, except a now worthless piece of paper.

While everyone is used to *some* large companies employing such practices I'd rather hope that small businesses would be more respectful of their customers. After all, everyone is aware the big businesses pay their bills 90+ days after services are rendered. This also isn't reasonable.

You might expect that small businesses would be cognizant of the importance of the goodwill of their customers.

Here we have quite a few people (also small business owners I suspect?) seemingly approving of "theft by expiry". Given the profit margins on items such as shoes, the net effect of letting the ?69 be uused would amount to very little.

How singularly disappointing it is that small businesses choose to operate in this way...

I've bought plenty of shoes in this shop and I have to say I've never had a problem and the stuff is always been helpful and friendly.

I see no reason to complaint when your credit note is been extended twice. It's not the shops fault but yours, you've had 14 months to use it and you haven't. All shops have to stick to their policies to make a business work.

I don't think there's been anything suggested that says the service contrary is not helpful and friendly.

re "All shops have to stick to their policies to make a business work." then I also can't really argue if the policy is to hand out credit notes that expire. The shops know, especially with busy London folks that a percentage of these notes will never need honouring as they can quote "policy" and get a wadge of money for nothing in return.

I expect lots of people have been burnt by the "I can't help you it's the policy you see"...what rubbish. Legal, yes. Dubious practise, also yes in my opinion.

Think it's a good reminder to be very careful what you buy from shops who are very happy to take your money and then credit note you if you reconsider. Not all shops are like this...

to pnewell1 It seems the majority of the folks commenting seem to be missing the point. ?69 was paid and nothing was received, except a now worthless piece of paper.

While everyone is used to *some* large companies employing such practices I'd rather hope that small businesses would be more respectful of their customers. After all, everyone is aware the big businesses pay their bills 90+ days after services are rendered. This also isn't reasonable.

You might expect that small businesses would be cognizant of the importance of the goodwill of their customers.

Here we have quite a few people (also small business owners I suspect?) seemingly approving of "theft by expiry". Given the profit margins on items such as shoes, the net effect of letting the ?69 be uused would amount to very little.

How singularly disappointing it is that small businesses choose to operate in this way...

Shops are only obliged by law to give a refund if the goods are faulty; they're not obliged to give a refund or credit note if the purchaser has simply changed their mind. In this instance I think the shop has been extremely generous and understanding in allow the OP 18 months' credit note.....

Can't quite believe the OP would think they were in the right. Di they think they had invested ?69 in the business to be drawn on whenever they saw fit? Very strange behaviour. There are no rights, unless goods were faulty, so very generous to provide a credit note. Then not to use it, having been renewed... Try the real world.