What does it cost to install new sash windows?

AZH

I'm having sash windows fitted by Bespoke windows on Lordship Lane. Have a look in their window. They do 3 types. I've opted for the conservation range with sound proofing glass. Speak to Murray. Found him very helpful & they were recommended to me by a friend.

From my experience i think 5 or 6k would be near the mark for a typical 3 sach timber bay with double glazed sealed units and a factory painted finish by the time it's fitted with architrave and window nosing etc.

I think ours were c?1.5k per window, so 3 times that for a bay, without painting. There was quite a range between manufacturers/fitters though, depending on how long they took to fit them (so how much making good they did) and quality of frames.

we had our front bay window sash , exact copy of original Victorian (rotten) sash, painted and fitted into existing cleaned, repainted frames, ditto 2 front bedroom sashes built - fitted into cleaned, sanded and repainted existing frames, and a back bedroom sash refurbished and rehung. It came to just under ?5000 (including VAT) with Steve at Sundial windows

• 2 weeks later...