Undergrad in need of summer work experience/internship

I'm currently in my first (going into my second) year of Uni, studying Printed Textiles.

I am looking for some work experience/internships in London over the summer to keep me inspired and motivated for the couple of months that I have off!

I've been looking online, and asking tutors if they know of anything, but I know that somethings are best found through word of mouth!

If you (or anyone you might know)knows anything that might provide me with a bit of experience, please get in touch!

I'm interested in a variety of areas, from copywriting, interior design and graphic design, and will most certainly make the most of any opportunity.

Thanks!

Eleanor

I too studied textiles many years ago. I'd advise a little road trip to Deptford. If you start at Parkside Industrial Estate (it sounds glam I know) off Blackhorse road, you'll find a number of the arches are used by established silk screen printers. I've seen somme interesting work going on there.

It might be a good place to start on

I've got a unit there & i'm always finding people doing interesting work

I studied Textile design at uni,specifically weaving.You could try contacting Cockpit Studios in Holborn and Deptford.They are having their summer open studios this weekend and the following one.Or if you are interested try contacting my brother in laws branding company called Multiadaptor as they take on interns quite regularly.They've also started a campaign called 'Pay Nicely' which promotes treating interns fairly,something I truly believe in as not everyone can afford to live in pricey old London for zero wages!Good luck with your search.

Mel

Seabag and PohSuan, thank you so much for some great suggestions!

I will definitely be taking a trip to the Parkside Industrial Estate (oo-er!) next time I'm in London, it sounds right up my street!

I will also be contacting both Cockpit studios and your brother in laws company, Multiadaptor. Sounds great!

Thanks again for the suggestions!