Looking to adopt a cat

sdurham

Battersea are great, but the place gets very busy at weekends and you may end up waiting for hours to get an appointment for an interview/family assessment.

Celia Hammond will also follow a similar procedure, but tend to come out and do a home visit first, or at least they used to do so.

We were refused a cat by Celia Hammond as we live in Barry Road - as they felt that this road was too busy. I gather they have a policy of refusing to rehome in property is on a major or busy road.

We currently have 3 cats - all whom use the cat flap at the back of the house, they some times go into the front garden but quickly return as do not like the noisy traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone! We ended up adopting a beautiful tabby from CPL last weekend. They were fantastic, did a home visit on the Bank Holiday (that's commitment!) and were great at advising us which would be a good fit for our family & 2 young children. Our new family member has settled in brilliantly and is wonderful with the children. Can thoroughly recommend CPL for anyone else looking to adopt.

• 1 month later...
I have 2 loving cats who need a loving home. Simian who is a grey brown tabby 2 and a half years old. And snowy is white and 5 years. Would like them homed together if poss and they era free. Just can,to look after them anymore due to illness. Email me if interested thanks