Mice in the house please help!

We?ve had mice coming into our house since January when I engaged JG pest control services at a cost of several hundred pounds as I have a small child and was heavily pregnant. Despite 12+ visits in which blocking work was promised and evidently not done properly (they have been a total joke) they haven?t solved the problem and tonight I saw a mouse and my anxiety has gone through the roof.

Please please share details of who you have used who has solved the problem for you. I?m desperate to get this resolved. Husband is allergic to cats so we can?t sadly get one.

Many thanks in advance

Themorgannons Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We?ve had mice coming into our house since January

> when I engaged JG pest control services at a cost

> of several hundred pounds as I have a small child

> and was heavily pregnant. Despite 12+ visits in

> which blocking work was promised and evidently not

> done properly (they have been a total joke) they

> haven?t solved the problem and tonight I saw a

> mouse and my anxiety has gone through the roof.

>

> Please please share details of who you have used

> who has solved the problem for you. I?m desperate

> to get this resolved. Husband is allergic to cats

> so we can?t sadly get one.

>

> Many thanks in advance

I'm sorry I don't know any firms who could come in and wave a wand, but hope you have a response to your request.

We had a mouse problem when the people next door moved out and disturbed a nest of mice, living beneath the floorboards.

I borrowed a cat for a morning. He sniffed out the points of entry.

I bought blocks from AJ Farmers, don't handle them and transfer your smell - I had to plop them behind the cooker, under the sink and in the little meter cupboard.

We could actually hear them moving the blocks to drop down the hole the meter pipe sank into, then no more mice.

I also bought pink granules from Dulwich DIY which I tipped in the little cupboard to check that I had despatched the naughty mice completely.

After about 4 weeks it was still there, then overnight it was gone, every bit. Don't think one course will do the

job, have more poison ready.

They are crepuscular usually.

Obviously don't leave food out and use nappysan stuff to clean your work surfaces, apparently they object to this.

There have been threads on here re mice nuisance already - good luck - perhaps JG pcs will see this and do the right thing?!

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on exactly what the pest control people promised, you could take them to the small claims court to get your money back.

It isn't a difficult process.

Maybe threatening to do that might shame them into either refunding your money or solving the mice problem.

Good luck anyway, I hope the mice disappear.

But unless you find all the possible points of entry to your home and permanently block them, the mice are likely to come back.

That is what the pest control people should have done, surely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. Give Roger a call from Critter solutions 0208 355 1913 He is extremely knowledgable and will not mess you about! Search the forum here for Roger Critter solutions as I'm sure his had quite a few good recommendations.

Wishing you the best of luck, I honestly know how you feel!